joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

took a nap to get ready for round 2 lol.  surprised to find it pretty foggy out, the temp dropped a little from the 31 when i went to sleep to 29.5.  not to mention nothing has melted or fallen off the trees, i expected it to be gone by now. as others posted, in addition to a huge over performance, this would normally be a great storm and yets its the appetizer lol

i am kind of curious to see how this plays out - i havent seen this kind of snow on the trees this long in ages - esp with more heavy snow on the horizon

took a nap to get ready for round 2 lol. surprised to find it pretty foggy out, the temp dropped a little from the 31 when i went to sleep to 29.5. not to mention nothing has melted or fallen off the trees, i expected it to be gone by now. as others posted, in addition to a huge over performance, this would normally be a great storm and yets its the appetizer lol

i am kind of curious to see how this plays out - i havent seen this kind of snow on the trees this long in ages - esp with more heavy snow on the horizon

Man you are gonna get buried over there! I have virtually nothing left on the ground after 12 hrs of snow. At least it's down to 33 now with NE winds blowing!

Man you are gonna get buried over there! I have virtually nothing left on the ground after 12 hrs of snow. At least it's down to 33 now with NE winds blowing!

thats surprising that we got about the same amount, but you dont have the accumulation. that sucks.  thinking a lot of us might be getting buried lol.  i am stoked to say the least.  now that the sun is down going to start watching the temps and fog to see if it starts freezing before the next batch of snow moves in (jeesh how many times we ever get to say that here in the se haha)

29.5 currently

For us mobile readers....any way we could all agree to post the locale in your first post ( or each post if you prefer)? I know where many of you are but not all. And I am sure we have a ton of visitors tracking on mobile as well. A lot to ask but it would be helpful to many.

Maybe this format

Kernersville NC - 31 and overcast.

NE Cherokee County Ga.

We got a little over 3" of snow between 7am and 12pm today.  We were 32 degrees for most of the snow hours and achieved a high of 36 imby.  Additional light rain after 12pm, tapering off by 2pm.  The snow melted by late afternoon.  It was very wet snow and HUGE flakes, the biggest I've ever seen.

It is currently 34 degrees.  The dp is 33.

Hunkered down and waiting.  The baked goods are made, the food, water and booze are stocked in. 

Hoping the power stays on so we can continue watching Olympics this week (and the occasional bit of disaster coverage).

32 degrees imby just south of the airport(CAE) in Gaston with light rain/sleet, and according to my bird feeder, the glazing has begun   ;)

One way to determine the freezing point.  Go out and look for icicles forming.

Is that 31.9 degrees?

Learned this as a child... too poor to own those fancy thermo thingies.

Very interesting considering KCAE is reporting 35F, you would think there would be more mixing of the air than that.

The weather stations near me are reporting 32 and 33 http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KSCSWANS4&day=11&month=02&year=2014 ...... http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KSCSWANS3&day=11&month=02&year=2014  

One way to determine the freezing point.  Go out and look for icicles forming.

Is that 31.9 degrees?

Learned this as a child... too poor to own those fancy thermo thingies.

That's my favorite method  ;) 

Indeed  :).   Owens is the closest to me right now, they are reporting 34F, but I am happy to report the dewpoint has now fallen to 31F.  

Archived