• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

We have had non stop snow since 6 am and yet only 3/4 inch on the ground due to all of the melting. Is all of this lost snow being counted in the 8-10 inch predictions? This is like throwing gold flakes away and is painful to watch.

On a side note, apparently new people aren't allowed to ask questions or make comments like this in the main storm thread as it appears my posts get deleted, whereas others remain and get answered.  Not really the way to build membership imho. I guess I should have joined and posted more over the last 5 years that I have been following these forums daily every winter.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at 12:39PM I had 1.75-1.85" IMBY

as of right now,1:49, 1 hour 10 mins later, 2.75-2.85" IMBY. had an inch in little more than an hour. stillcoming down at a solid, steady rate (of apparently 1"/hr...) if it continues til 4 like this like progged, could end up with 4-5". I am so happy right now- i was not expecting this AT ALL. i was expecting 1/2 to an inch at BEST. 4.2" on 1-28 and 3" now, i am satisfied with this winter completely. 

and just to think...tomorrows going to be even worse. is it looking more like snow for us in the Sanhills/FAY region? This has certainly overperformed, so i'm wondering about tomorrow now. 

Apparently the south coastal plains especially around New Bern NC are getting destroyed lots of reports of 6"+ already down and the radar says plenty more coming (  2-3" more I bet)  unbelievable considering about the best the models showed for them was 1-3" lol

We are over 3" here and when my kid got home from school at 11:15 it wasn't really snowing at all,  snowing good here still and the radar looks ok for another 1-2" I think.

Apparently the south coastal plains especially around New Bern NC are getting destroyed lots of reports of 6"+ already down and the radar says plenty more coming (  2-3" more I bet)  unbelievable considering about the best the models showed for them was 1-3" lol

We are over 3" here and when my kid got home from school at 11:15 it wasn't really snowing at all,  snowing good here still and the radar looks ok for another 1-2" I think.

Sweet! You guys on the coastal plain are going to give the RDU guys a complex.

Like the late Jan. storm, I get screwed with ice, ice, and more ice.

Freezing rain for several hours here about 25 miles north of Wilmington. Power poles and trees are starting to get heavy.

Keep updating, I'm really interested in what kind of ice Wilmington ends up with. I saw on twitter that a tree branch fell through the back window of a car of a student at Laney.

Good video. I had an inch here just NW of I-85 in CLT but it quickly all but melted away as we entered the time of day when the sun was at its highest and precip all but stopped. Back to -SN that will not amount to much. Will be setting up to do a time lapse tomorrow to document everything.

It's funny watching the main thread talking about tomorrow when at any other time, today would have been weenie nirvana...been snowing steadily in my part of CLT, since 9am or so.

Ha but you know if this were the event it would be meltdown central. Nothing more frustrating than snow at 32 - 34 degrees where is starts melting on the ground when it gets light. 

Good video. I had an inch here just NW of I-85 in CLT but it quickly all but melted away as we entered the time of day when the sun was at its highest and precip all but stopped. Back to -SN that will not amount to much. Will be setting up to do a time lapse tomorrow to document everything.

Where I work is not that far south of you and we've got at least 2" on the ground. 

Where I work is not that far south of you and we've got at least 2" on the ground.

Yea I was watching radar and saw the best band in the area setup just south of me. Went from a covered yard to just spotty snow left in the woods. Doesn't bother me one bit though as I wasn't even expecting what actually fell. Good to read the reports from those areas on the other side of 85!

Archived