• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

Nearing an inch here in Cashiers, NC. That's an overperform of 100% in regards to the NWS forecast estimate. Let's hope the next round overperforms too. :D

:snowing:  over performing here pretty big as well.  was hoping for an inch or two today but currently at 2.5" with moderate snow falling :tomato:

oops forgot to add: temp finally (but barely) under 30 at 29.5 lol

Yes , I can confirm the S of Greenville is getting good accums!!! I live off of Georgia road and have a solid 2 inches! Still snowing huge quarter sized flakes!! Temp 34

:weight_lift: nice! 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still just rain here in Dunwoody with 34.9 (coldest yet) at 8:40 AM. Friend of mine in north Marietta just told me has recently been snow off and on with "big flakes".

Rain finally changed at around 9 AM from rain to sleet here in Dunwoody (just north of Atlanta). Still holding at 35.1.

Dusting on grassy surfaces and cars. Still snowing lightly/moderately and steadily. Starting to actually stick to the sidewalk. Well, it doesnt just melt on contact anyways. Stays there for a few seconds, lol. I think i'm going to skip my 10 o clock class and go home.

Fayetteville, NC

Rain finally changed at around 9 AM from rain to sleet here in Dunwoody (just north of Atlanta). Still holding at 35.1.

Sleet just changed to sleet-snow mix here for first time in Dunwoody at 9:30 AM! Temp. dropped tiny bit from 35.1 to 34.9.

Yes , I can confirm the S of Greenville is getting good accums!!! I live off of Georgia road and have a solid 2 inches! Still snowing huge quarter sized flakes!! Temp 34

I also live off GA Rd. I work downtown where I am now. I am worried about the drive home. My car says 37 degrees so I should be ok later thinking the roads will just be wet.

It’s been snowing light to moderate since 5:30 am here, and we are now basically just maintaining 1 inch of accumulation due to 33 deg. temp and sun angle.  I have no doubt we would have 2.5 to 3 inches right now if we were just a degree or two colder.

Oh well,  it’s still really pretty and the main event is yet to come.

Archived