• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

Quite a few flakes mixing in now! It's a shame it wasn't cold enough for all snow from the get go. This system is juicy!

:)

Greenwood County Airport

Network: NWS/FAA

Elevation: 630 ft / 192 m Time: 2/11/14 - 0940Z 4:40EST

Temperature: 34° F / 1° C

Dew Point: 32° F / -0° C

Relative Humidity: 93%

Altimeter: 30.20 in / 1022.69 mb

Wind Speed: 5 mph / 2 m/s

Wind Direction: from the NE

Weather conditions: lt snow, mist

Since this is just upstream from and they were 36 a little while ago when it changed over to snow, I'm pretty excited at the moment because they are at the same latitude as me and the models had them at the edge of the snow too. In fact the nam had a warm nose of 1.5 c or so there at 900mb through 12z and obviously that isn't there for them to get snow.

We'll see.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for sleeping. I have been waking up and peeking out the window and nothing until about 5 min ago. Snow! Yay. 31.3*

edited to add:

laptop is now so easier to type more lol.  looks like it has started just recently, barely a dusting.  the temps were dropping painfully slowly so tried to get a little sleep for a couple of hours.  this is just a guess, but the temp probably hit freezing about the time the snow started, and that was probably within the last hour maybe?

glad to see i am not the only one up hahaha

Hey Lookout or Buckeye, is there a way y'all can turn on the locations for posters or is this not do able? Its going to get difficult tomorrow and Wednesday to identify were people are from when they post OBS'.

They are turned off to help out the server since there are so many on there.

So much for sleeping. I have been waking up and peeking out the window and nothing until about 5 min ago. Snow! Yay. 31.3*

edited to add:

laptop is now so easier to type more lol.  looks like it has started just recently, barely a dusting.  the temps were dropping painfully slowly so tried to get a little sleep for a couple of hours.  this is just a guess, but the temp probably hit freezing about the time the snow started, and that was probably within the last hour maybe?

glad to see i am not the only one up hahaha

Yeah I tried but obviously couldn't. I think I layed down for 2 hours or so..certainly wasn't asleep the entire time either. Ugh..nothing like the inner weenie :whistle:

They are turned off to help out the server since there are so many on there.

Yeah I tried but obviously couldn't. I think I layed down for 2 hours or so..certainly wasn't asleep the entire time either. Ugh..nothing like the inner weenie :whistle:

:guitar: thats for sure lol.  lay down about 1130 or twelve i think.  got up three times to "check" and saw nothing.  last "check to be sure" took a look, then another, then realized oh it is actually snowing lol

wow, just saw the radar sweet!!!

havent been up that long yet, but am starting to get the laptop cranking and after radar checked the point forecasts. wowser - looks like a boatload of snow on the way woo hoo

ps. glad my dog cant talk.  otherwise from the looks she is giving me getting up and going outside this early she would be calling to get the paddy wagon here lol

My temp has barely budged in the last 2 hours. Just dropped to 33.4. Come on snow!! Assert your dominance :)

that was one reason i went to bed lol.  after we got used to seeing it drop and plunge several degrees an hour, last night it was dropping by tenths of a degree.  looks like just went below freezing here recently (and not by much yet)

edit #2:

jeesh i am not a morning person (usually). was thinking wow, they have 3-5" for wed. and 3-5 and ANOTHER 3-5 wed. night. that wasnt right i clicked the wrong button and that was for gainesville lmao.  have 5-8" here just during the day wed :snowing::popcorn:

Just issued! 

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
530 AM EST TUE FEB 11 2014

GAZ031>035-041>045-111830-
/O.UPG.KFFC.WW.Y.0007.000000T0000Z-140212T0000Z/
/O.UPG.KFFC.WS.A.0003.140212T0000Z-140213T1200Z/
/O.EXB.KFFC.WS.W.0002.000000T0000Z-140213T1200Z/
PAULDING-COBB-NORTH FULTON-GWINNETT-BARROW-HARALSON-CARROLL-
DOUGLAS-SOUTH FULTON-DEKALB-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MARIETTA...ATLANTA...LAWRENCEVILLE...
CARROLLTON...DOUGLASVILLE...EAST POINT...DECATUR
530 AM EST TUE FEB 11 2014

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PEACHTREE CITY HAS ISSUED A
WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW AND ICE...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7
AM EST THURSDAY. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY AND THE WINTER STORM
WATCH ARE NO LONGER IN EFFECT. ALTHOUGH THE WINTER STORM WARNING IS
NOW IN EFFECT...THE MORE SIGNIFICANT IMPACTS ARE EXPECTED DURING
THE WEDNESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT TIME FRAME.

* LOCATIONS...ALONG AND NORTH OF A LINE FROM CARROLLTON TO ATLANTA
TO WASHINGTON.

* HAZARD TYPES...RAIN MIXED WITH SLEET THIS MORNING...FOLLOWED BY
MAINLY FREEZING RAIN TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY AND THEN SNOW
WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

* ACCUMULATIONS...GENERALLY LESS THAN AN INCH OF SNOW AND SLEET IS
EXPECTED TODAY. FOR TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT...AN
ADDITIONAL 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE IN ADDITION TO A
QUARTER TO A HALF INCH OF ICE ACCUMULATION. THE HIGHER AMOUNTS
ARE EXPECTED TO BE ACROSS THE EASTERN AREA. THE MORE SIGNIFICANT
AMOUNTS ARE IN THE WEDNESDAY TO WEDNESDAY NIGHT TIME FRAME.

It has now turned over to all snow. Temp has dropped to 34, but it’s still not sticking.

hopefully it will start sticking soon - temp here is barely under freezing (31.3)

looks like approaching about 1/2" on the deck - its really coming down now.  its a very wet snow (guess that is obvious with our current temps).  the trees should be covered when the sun comes up

Archived