SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys this is my first post here. I have been looking on to this forum for almost five years. Finally decided to get a user name! Anyway, it's 33 here in Greenwood which is located in the southern part of Upstate SC. It has been snowing for about 40 mins and there is a dusting on high and grassy surfaces. This wasn't exactly in our forecast!

Heavy sleet here now with a few actual flakes. Sleet is  Actually accumulating. I forgot how loud decent sleet was.

:thumbsup: hopefully you turn over to all snow soon.  looks like we are going to be seeing the whole gamut the next couple of days lol

love the look of the radar right now. i know the rain/snow line isnt really all that accurate but looks like the area of snow is expanding

yay!  its awesome to see all these snow reports. and hard to believe this is the appetizer lol.  normally this is exciting enough but is hopefully the beginning of a monster se storm

just took first measurement instead of guess:  .8" its gorgeous - sticking on the trees big time as well since its a wet snow

yay!  its awesome to see all these snow reports. and hard to believe this is the appetizer lol.  normally this is exciting enough but is hopefully the beginning of a monster se storm

just took first measurement instead of guess:  .8" its gorgeous - sticking on the trees big time as well since its a wet snow

you shouldn't have a problem getting 2" this morning, your temps crash so quick! I'm hoping we can get an inch or so to go ahead and whiten things up. If it continues at this rate we should get at least an inch, just need to be sitting at about 30° instead of hovering at 32°

you shouldn't have a problem getting 2" this morning, your temps crash so quick! I'm hoping we can get an inch or so to go ahead and whiten things up. If it continues at this rate we should get at least an inch, just need to be sitting at about 30° instead of hovering at 32°

your pic looks about here, i guess a elevation is making a difference.  temp still at 30 and its really coming down - just measured 1" so hoping for two then waiting for the biggie (lol cant believe we are getting to say THAT this morning)

edited to add:

I just can’t get over how hard it’s snowing here. We’ve been in the heaviest returns on GSP radar for about 45 minutes now.  We really need the temp to keep dropping another .5 degree, it’s only sticking to grass/elevated surfaces right now.

ditto its really coming down out there. sticking to grass, trees and deck.  the roads are mostly wet.  need to drop a little more to get the snow to stick on the roads (although doesnt matter here for a change.  pretty much everything in the county has already closed)

I am curious what people are reporting under neat those heavy returns around atlanta and east of atlanta. I would think most of that is sleet but i'm wondering if it's heavy enough to change over.

Nothing on radar over me now but still light sleet with a few flakes mixed in..down to 33.7

I am curious what people are reporting under neat those heavy returns. I would think most of that is sleet but i'm wondering if it's heavy enough to change over.

Nothing on radar over me now but still light sleet with a few flakes mixed in..down to 33.7

so far everything that has come through (including heavier returns) has been all snow (at least i havent seen any sleet yet).  those near the rain/snow line probably are sleet i would think.  now that its getting light its easier to see/take a pic. with the flash all you see are the flakes :lmao:

edited to add: 

just looked at a wider radar image - wow, that is either heavy snow or heavy sleet sw of atlanta

post-289-0-20856400-1392120865_thumb.jpg

Archived