joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Medium/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know he was joking and just put pretty much our worst busts of all time on the list. I was just commenting that I don't think 1/22 was that bad. We got screwed yeah, but compared to the rest of the list, it was manageable. ;)

Gotcha. We had like an inch from that storm down here. :)

I could see this pattern going to waste if we get bad timing with energy riding the STJ out from the Southwest. If it takes too long then its possible the cold moves out before those storms come. The 00z last night ejected a nice piece of energy and had a pretty big storm taking shape at 240, Today's 12z run ejected a little less energy, and was still able to form a storm. I know its pointless to talk about details, just something I noticed though. 

He says he's bullish on patterns but not ready to commit. Not exactly "all in".

I thought dt's post was pretty good. A nice highlight of the features that can come together during a relatively big window of op without being definitive. Much better than some of his "all in" posts earlier this year. Being definitive at longs leads while in the spotlight opens the door for lots of justified criticism when things go wrong (and they almost always do).

I could see this pattern going to waste if we get bad timing with energy riding the STJ out from the Southwest. If it takes too long then its possible the cold moves out before those storms come. The 00z last night ejected a nice piece of energy and had a pretty big storm taking shape at 240, Today's 12z run ejected a little less energy, and was still able to form a storm. I know its pointless to talk about details, just something I noticed though.

It could go to waste for a big storm regardless of the yard but the duration of the window seems to be trending towards being long enough for 3 chances for ec events. Wave spacing is tight. Every 2-3 days. I think most of us from nc north will see snow at least once. How much is anyone's guess. I would be a bit surprised (but hardly shocked) if our area gets totally whiffed at this point. Time will tell.

Suppression is a concern as well if the PV is any further south. It's still so far out at this point.

How we lookin Bob? Do I need to start yapping about GFS ens members? LOL, I've been pretty good about NOT talking much this winter.

BTW, this has been a GREAT winter.

ens are still and will remain a splatter outside of 5 days. Wave spacing is tight and flow is fast. With split flow, timing differences mean so much going down the line. I'm pretty casual about it all right now. By this weekend any mid week threat will become real if there is one. For now it's just armchair observing.

god knows the gfs's handling of feb 12/13 has led me to not even look at it in the long range for next week. If the euro has it, that's good enough for me to know its a possiblity. If we end up with a HECS for next weekend, I am guessing the GFS will notice after we have a foot on the ground.

On a side note, I was glad to support the site and alan by buying the model suite package on amerwx, but it is super frustrating not having full access to the Euro like others have from their sources. I guess I should have spent my money on weatherbell or the like. Especially in this pattern where the gfs appears to have no clue.

Archived