• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Medium/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

LOL, In 2001 I was 15 years old, I went into a depression after the March bust...Mom ended up taking me to a psychologist thinking I was sad about their recent divorce, honestly I was just sad because of the snow bust and told the therapist that. I bet the doctor still tells jokes about it to her colleagues and family members years later.

I've called out of work and missed some tests during college for snowstorms. 

fearing a loss of power because that happened a lot back then around my house, I bought 2 bunches of firewood they were selling cheap at Lowes since it was the end of the cold season....the storm busted so I didn't use them

I don't use my fireplace much, and still have some of that firewood left in my garage

the remaining pieces light like a charm after all these years    lol

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, In 2001 I was 15 years old, I went into a depression after the March bust...Mom ended up taking me to a psychologist thinking I was sad about their recent divorce, honestly I was just sad because of the snow bust and told the therapist that. I bet the doctor still tells jokes about it to her colleagues and family members years later.

Right on bro LMAO! That's hardcore. Probably the funniest thing I've read on this site.

that was a devastating week after the storm

Do the ensembles have anything interesting for midweek?

Not really. Light event. Looks like a ns wave rolls through tues-wed but doesn't connect with gulf moisture. There's a good bit of spread on timing so some members are probably more beefy than the means show. I think we'll probably see some snow tues-wed but how much is anyone's guess (assuming we get any at all). 

Euro ensemble members really aren't that impressive for the late week storm. Only 8 or so showing a decent hit. Plenty of whiffs. Some do look delayed though. I only have member output through d10. Total precip panels shortly after d10 add to the totals. Overall a decent improvement. 

D11-15 is pretty wet on the means. 1-1.5" liquid. 

euro ens are night and day better this run. The mean is more suppressed than the op. Nice 50/50. It kinda looks 09/10ish on the means imo. Doesn't look like the storm would run the coast to NNE from what I'm seeing.

ETA: Control run is a destruction and definitely looks 09/10ish on the snowmap.

Ec op is a dream run for me and control is my worst nightmare. Doing ok up here but I am about 30" behind my old location in Maryland right now.

Ec op is a dream run for me and control is my worst nightmare. Doing ok up here but I am about 30" behind my old location in Maryland right now.

Ens mean at h5 d9-10 is quite the wall of confluence. Precip panels on the means are more suppressed than the op. Verbatim its not a 40n setup. But I'm pretty sure Philly gets a couple feet.

Ens mean at h5 d9-10 is quite the wall of confluence. Precip panels on the means are more suppressed than the op. Verbatim its not a 40n setup. But I'm pretty sure Philly gets a couple feet.

that's my fear for sure. Not worried about a cutter. I have been in the screw zone this year. Just 20 miles too far north for a lot of the storms and 20 miles too south for others. Been fringed all winter every storm. I just want one big dump to end on a good note so I don't have a bad taste in my mouth about this winter and missing an epic season at my old location. Your right the eps looks bad for my area but just have to hope the op run is right and the confluence relaxes a bit as the storm approaches. Not enough to screw your area. It is very possible for dc and me to get hit if the confluence holds long enough then relaxes and allows the storm to come up once east of dc.

that's my fear for sure. Not worried about a cutter. I have been in the screw zone this year. Just 20 miles too far north for a lot of the storms and 20 miles too south for others. Been fringed all winter every storm. I just want one big dump to end on a good note so I don't have a bad taste in my mouth about this winter and missing an epic season at my old location. Your right the eps looks bad for my area but just have to hope the op run is right and the confluence relaxes a bit as the storm approaches. Not enough to screw your area. It is very possible for dc and me to get hit if the confluence holds long enough then relaxes and allows the storm to come up once east of dc.

As Matt phrased it earlier, there's a 1040+ wall of hp the size of russia to the north. My guess is it's overdone and that a suppressed solution probably is the least of our worries. The biggest worry is the existence of the storm to begin with.

Really liking the long range pattern. HM discussed it earlier, the blocking has returned, except this time there is a southern stream and the MJO has lit up. Any southern stream S/W will have an amazing temperature gradient, and jet entrance region to work with, the sky is the limit!!.

However, the PV still needs to stay far enough north not to crush the southern stream, and far enough east to avoid a big phase, so I am not all in yet.   

Archived