• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Medium/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

Today feels pretty close to how I think this "epic pattern" will play out for us.

I am not a met, but it seems to me most of the storms we have had this winter have developed after the supposed "big dog" was scheduled to hit and snuck up on us while people looked 10 days away at the "epic pattern" breaking down.

The pattern might not deliver, but it certainly isn't going to be warm and rainy....The pattern keeps looking better and better every run for the end of the month...+PNA/-EPO, Split flow, -NAO....the one adverse feature is the PV over the lakes which could eventually go to our NE if we are lucky...this can be a suppressed signal or miller B signal or an inland track......though it is unlikely we will see a low shoot up to our west....and the pattern breaking down can sometimes lead to a good storm during the transition...see for example the 15" storm you just got

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pattern might not deliver, but it certainly isn't going to be warm and rainy....The pattern keeps looking better and better every run for the end of the month...+PNA/-EPO, Split flow, -NAO....the one adverse feature is the PV over the lakes which could eventually go to our NE if we are lucky...this can be a suppressed signal or miller B signal or an inland track......though it is unlikely we will see a low shoot up to our west....and the pattern breaking down can sometimes lead to a good storm during the transition...see for example the 15" storm you just got

Trends have all moved towards a much larger window as well. I think the first week of March is in play. It's basically looking like a 10 period that will have some chances mixed in. The important features like the pv placement/trough axis/pieces of energy etc simply can't be known yet. It's looking like 3 chances of "something" mixed in the period.

March 1st 1980 is still a top analog with cpc. What do the euro analogs look like?

Meh. March is no guarantee. And it's going to be blazing hot in like 4 weeks. I like having four seasons, so I'm prob biased. That and I like snow a lot.

I like seasons too. My point was this has been a big yr for snow lovers even locally especially when it comes to tracking.. And heck there might even be a rogue April threat with so much cold NW. When it comes to overall winter and not just snow is say this bests 09-10.

Trends have all moved towards a much larger window as well. I think the first week of March is in play. It's basically looking like a 10 period that will have some chances mixed in. The important features like the pv placement/trough axis/pieces of energy etc simply can't be known yet. It's looking like 3 chances of "something" mixed in the period.

March 1st 1980 is still a top analog with cpc. What do the euro analogs look like?

They're pretty good...we are going to see them improve I think since both the pattern is starting to look even better, and the warmer days will drop off the 6-10 day analog period, as it becomes centered over a better period...I'm pretty confident we are going to start seeing monster analogs show up...some good ones are already there

I like seasons too. My point was this has been a big yr for snow lovers even locally especially when it comes to tracking.. And heck there might even be a rogue April threat with so much cold NW. When it comes to overall winter and not just snow is say this bests 09-10.

I very much agree this winter as a season takes 09/10. It's been fun but definitely a long season. Long enough for even me to start looking forward to warmer days and fishing season. Not ready to give up yet and of course I'm a bit excited about the next couple of weeks but when the door closes I'll be satisfied and happy.

Last year sucked. Especially at the end. Dragged us through a disgusting early 6 weeks and then getting right just in time for temps to fook us. The whole season left a bad taste. I hated it overall. This year has been a huge payback to winter weenies.

They're pretty good...we are going to see them improve I think since both the pattern is starting to look even better, and the warmer days will drop off the 6-10 day analog period, as it becomes centered over a better period...I'm pretty confident we are going to start seeing monster analogs show up...some good ones are already there

That's good to hear. Trends have been encouraging in the fact that we don't "have" to score in a 3-4 day window now. Wave spacing looks like a repeat of previous patterns. Every 3 days or so. With such a repetitive season it's pretty easy to think the end of the line will be the best chance at a larger storm. I'm in.

I very much agree this winter as a season takes 09/10. It's been fun but definitely a long season. Long enough for even me to start looking forward to warmer days and fishing season. Not ready to give up yet and of course I'm a bit excited about the next couple of weeks but when the door closes I'll be satisfied and happy.

Last year sucked. Especially at the end. Dragged us through a disgusting early 6 weeks and then getting right just in time for temps to fook us. The whole season left a bad taste. I hated it overall. This year has been a huge payback to winter weenies.

I'd go so far as to say that the last three seasons have been great.  Summer wasn't too hot, fall ended up being a huge surprise when it came to color, and this winter has been awesome, especially for us north and west of the cities.

I'd go so far as to say that the last three seasons have been great.  Summer wasn't too hot, fall ended up being a huge surprise when it came to color, and this winter has been awesome, especially for us north and west of the cities.

surprised you didnt include spring which imo was the nicest spring in my entire life...at least dating back to early 80s

surprised you didnt include spring which imo was the nicest spring in my entire life...at least dating back to early 80s

You're right.  I should have.  I can remember agreeing with you on some posts you made even back then.  Hopefully the trend continues through this summer because I abhor heat.  I don't mind the typical low 90's with afternoon storms, but high dews, upper 90's, and no storms is the worst.

Isn't 2003 already there? 

Off in fantasy land, but Euro has the day 7 coastal...1-2" verbatim...gets its act together a tad too late

it is a better look than the 1-2" type that just fringes us..

I was hoping the euro had at least a "close" solution. GEFS had some nice ones. We might be in the game midweek but my gut says later. We'll see.

I was hoping the euro had at least a "close" solution. GEFS had some nice ones. We might be in the game midweek but my gut says later. We'll see.

GFS and Euro operational models have liked a storm in the Tues-Wed window for a while, so no reason to believe in this weenie's mind it's still on the table with decent odds attm

Archived