joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Medium/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is saturday morning at 7am. My flight to Orlando takes off at 7pm that night. If this storm is delayed...Im screwed

I can't think of any obligation other than the funeral of an immediate family member (only parents and siblings...no grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins)  or your OWN wedding in which travel shouldn't be canceled for a 10"+ storm..

I can't think of any obligation other than the funeral of an immediate family member or your OWN wedding in which travel shouldn't be canceled for a 10"+ storm..

Pretty much. I would change my wife's due date as well. 

Euro ensembles aren't on board for the d10 threat yet. I would like to see some improvement there as we go forward. So far they barely have a signal. Maybe the 12z suite will change the tune a bit

I can't think of any obligation other than the funeral of an immediate family member (only parents and siblings...no grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins)  or your OWN wedding in which travel shouldn't be canceled for a 10"+ storm..

I have to go to work....no choice...unless the storm comes and shuts down the airport just like it did in Jan 1996. I was scheduled to fly out to Atlanta on Sunday afternooon. I missed missing the blizzard by 1 day

edit: i could just quit my job

Pretty much. I would change my wife's due date as well. 

Euro ensembles aren't on board for the d10 threat yet. I would like to see some improvement there as we go forward. So far they barely have a signal. Maybe the 12z suite will change the tune a bit

strange, because last night's storm had it on the operational and control runs at 240 hrs

wedding? Id push that back too.

even a 22 inch snowstorm cannot cancel a wedding

strange, because last night's storm had it on the operational and control runs at 240 hrs

ensembles were weak. No decent hits on any member during the period and the average was less than 1" for the 10 days. I don't get member output past d10 though. D11-15 was pretty wet on the means. About 1" or so. 

I am ashamed to say this...and I've told this story before...but I backed out of a second cousin's funeral for a 3 to 6" storm. 

God, forgive me.  Seriously.  

I have to go to work....no choice...unless the storm comes and shuts down the airport just like it did in Jan 1996. I was scheduled to fly out to Atlanta on Sunday afternooon. I missed missing the blizzard by 1 day

edit: i could just quit my job

There are always other jobs out there...snowstorms are a limited commodity unless you live in Philly or Westminster

I am ashamed to say this...and I've told this story before...but I backed out of a second cousin's funeral for a 3 to 6" storm. 

God, forgive me.  Seriously.  

LOL, In 2001 I was 15 years old, I went into a depression after the March bust...Mom ended up taking me to a psychologist thinking I was sad about their recent divorce, honestly I was just sad because of the snow bust and told the therapist that. I bet the doctor still tells jokes about it to her colleagues and family members years later.

I've called out of work and missed some tests during college for snowstorms. 

Archived