• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February Medium/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

you dont want to be bullseye and now we have somewhere to go instead of being perfectly modeled 8 days out

Wow what a monster H (1053) pressing in with a strong LP off the SE coast (996). If that can amplify quicker the SE and Mid Atl get crushed.

Also if the incoming trough over the West Coast continues to come in more impressive that will pump up that ridge even more and allow the s/w to really amplify BUT at the same time may not allow this to run the entire EC.

Very impressive signal.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be like the feb 8-10 event

I can see some wild solutions in the coming days with the western ridge coming in so pumped up causing the s/w out infront to really amplify at the same time having the wall of confluence to the north not allowing a northward push.

Hopefully when we finish an unimpressive -0.8 for the winter, people remember days like today and don't prattle on how this was the coldest winter they ever remember in the last 20 years..it will probably finish 7th coldest since 2000,...lol

This will be the coldest since 93/94.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not here...and not even remotely close...good chance it is the 4th coldest in the last 7 winters....not sure about Lancaster PA...

On the means it's not going to be cold but we definitely had some memorable stretches of very cold air. Bay and river ice is a testament to that. I skated on 5" thick ice on ponds this winter. Haven't seen it that thick in 10+ years. 

not here...and not even remotely close...good chance it is the 4th coldest in the last 7 winters....not sure about Lancaster PA...

Winchester is running at -2.3 to -2.5 for the November through today period.  I don't know how it ranks, but its pretty impressive, and is even more so when you consider just how far above normal we were during the december warm up.  December was around a +2.8, and that was driven completely by about 4 days worth of temps.  It's been a cold and snowy winter in most places.  

DC is just DC.  Hard to compare it to anything else, or even another time.

09-10 had consistent cold, this one was had a more impressive bottom. Even with Dec being a +3 here, people complained it was colder than normal. And, to me it felt that way too. 

On the means it's not going to be cold but we definitely had some memorable stretches of very cold air. Bay and river ice is a testament to that. I

skated on 5" thick ice on ponds this winter. Haven't seen it that thick in 10+ years. 

Exactly. Longer lasting cold-- December had a few really warm days that messed the means up, especially 2-3 days with LOWS in the 50's. 

if you go back to NOV, you have to admit the cold has been impressive, especially for DC

DCA was:

NOV: -3.0

DEC: +2.6

JAN: -3.8

FEB thru 2/19: -1.7

DEC is the odd month out

If winter ended today with no more snow or cold I'd consider this winter good.  Super cold January with 2 decent events.  Cold February with 1 good/awesome event.  

On the means it's not going to be cold but we definitely had some memorable stretches of very cold air. Bay and river ice is a testament to that. I skated on 5" thick ice on ponds this winter. Haven't seen it that thick in 10+ years. 

yeah...we had one impressive and long lasting cold shot....last 10 days of January

Winchester is running at -2.3 to -2.5 for the November through today period.  I don't know how it ranks, but its pretty impressive, and is even more so when you consider just how far above normal we were during the december warm up.  December was around a +2.8, and that was driven completely by about 4 days worth of temps.  It's been a cold and snowy winter in most places.  

DC is just DC.  Hard to compare it to anything else, or even another time.

November is a fall month

09-10 had consistent cold, this one was had a more impressive bottom. Even with Dec being a +3 here, people complained it was colder than normal. And, to me it felt that way too. 

Exactly. Longer lasting cold-- December had a few really warm days that messed the means up, especially 2-3 days with LOWS in the 50's. 

December had 16 above normal days and 15 below normal days here

Every day has been a blowtorch and warmer than Forecasted when we didn't have arctic air in place

people have recalibrated to think that 61/37 is normal....and then when it is 47 and windy in the evening they complain how cold it is and how they cant wait for winter to end since this has been the worst winter since the 1960s

Archived