• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow showers Sat (2/8), light snow Sun (2/9)

Ian

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB2 somewhat on board for Monday:

"Here's an interesting twist:
This weekend has always been expected to be a hodgepodge of split systems. While there still will be a small southern storm Saturday, this is what's new...
A clipper type system appears to be waiting for a second piece. So rather than on passing to our north Sunday, a moderate one may hit the prime spot Monday morning. That prime spot through central VA is most beneficial for central Maryland.
*I am not calling amounts yet, especially since this pattern is hard to pin done with so many small things floating around... But should this work out, it's worth a few inches.
Stand by for more and happy Friday"

That's got such marginal temps I'm more interested whatever happens at the end of the NAm run. 

I take no stock in it. Surface freezing crosses as precip moves through but the amounts are so light it would be not much more than mood flakes for the corridor. NW would get something on the ground verbatim. 

The Monday setup has legs. Nam whiffs us south but all in all it could produce for us don't you think? It's close. 

I wrote this afternoon that the organizing precipitation along TX/LA gulf coastline was the breeding ground for moderate DC snows. That area has intensified and expanded and moved northeast. If the precip makes it into northern Kentucky then DC area is going to be in for 2"+ and a nice surprise.

Archived