• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow showers Sat (2/8), light snow Sun (2/9)

Ian

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question.....  How does the sfc low get away from the upper level support?  Does the UL vort spin cause the surface low, and if so, why wouldn't the sfc low always pop underneath the vort?  I'm missing some important concept here.

I think it's where it should be.. the vort is almost always NW of the sfc low unless you have a neg tilt trough given how the low tilts moving upward in the atmosphere.. The problems here are that the vort is pretty elongated/messy in a flow that has no amplification. 

I think it's where it should be.. the vort is almost always NW of the sfc low unless you have a neg tilt trough given how the low tilts moving upward in the atmosphere.. The problems here are that the vort is pretty elongated/messy in a flow that has no amplification. 

Thanks.  So, if the trough is negative then the sfc low is ENE of the vort?

Some folks are saying Monday may be looking a bit better now... has GGEM support and Euro (somewhat). We'll see...

Moved to DC 3 years ago from Florida and the best snow I have seen was the 4 inch snow we got a few weeks ago. Really want more than that one day.

Some folks are saying Monday may be looking a bit better now... has GGEM support and Euro (somewhat). We'll see...

Moved to DC 3 years ago from Florida and the best snow I have seen was the 4 inch snow we got a few weeks ago. Really want more than that one day.

yeah...The GGEM is like 0.3" for DC starting midnight Sunday night and ending around 7 monday morning...tomorrow event is a dud

Archived