• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow showers Sat (2/8), light snow Sun (2/9)

Ian

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is surprising how often Wes's comments get ignored....not sure he was suggesting anything,

normally, we'd be all over it.  I think everyone is just so down and out.   If it happened like the NAM, it would actually be a decent little event...temps in the upper 20's....snow falling...it'd be a moderate deal for us.

normally, we'd be all over it. I think everyone is just so down and out. If it happened like the NAM, it would actually be a decent little event...temps in the upper 20's....snow falling...it'd be a moderate dHere are the Sugar Loaf Dates... May 31st, June 28th, July 26th, August 30th, September 27th, and October 25th. eal for us.

I hear what your saying...and I realize I contribute nothing in terms of analysis, but my experience after reading 100,000,000 posts is that Wes generally has it right. I realize most regulars know that, but I still am surprised at how often his comments fall upon deaf ears.

Sugar Loaf?

Yeah I just noticed that....I have no idea how that got into the quote. I posted from my i phone. The sugar loaf dates were part of a text I sent to my music partner months ago. I seriously have no idea how that got included in the quote.

I wrote this afternoon that the organizing precipitation along TX/LA gulf coastline was the breeding ground for moderate DC snows. That area has intensified and expanded and moved northeast. If the precip makes it into northern Kentucky then DC area is going to be in for 2"+ and a nice surprise.

we have a winnah

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USKY0721&animate=true

The northern extent of that precip shield is snow. It is also getting longer with time. More precip is developing in eastern Oklahoma and is in effect making that northern extent of the snow shield longer. It will move ENE with time, and it will end up training over northern Va and over DC. The areal extent of the precip shield has already increased by 70 percent in just the last three hours. I know, I've been watching it. My finger is sore as heck from hitting refresh, and it will be worth it.

The ground is cold. The 2 meter temps will be excellent. We have mid 20s temps with dews in the teens. Snow moistening up the column will cause the temps to fall a few more degrees. We have light north winds.

Enjoy the snow in a few hours.

The title of this thread should be changed to 'Keep on Believin' Saturday thru much of next week'.

Now I see why everyone is so downcast about this system. It is moisture starved. Mountains are just squeezing all the qpf out. By the time it gets here it'll be drier than a popcorn fart. What snow we do get will hit - you guessed it - Richmond - AGAIN.

The unicorn is dead and we wont see any more til next winter.

I think I'm ready for an early spring. I want a strong upper level ridge and highs in the 80s and thunderstorms. February showers make for vibrant colorful March flowers.

There's always next winter.

The GFS is Bullish on the clipper thing on Monday morning.. that "redeveloping" clipper from January was the best storm we had in three years. I dont know if the set ups are any where near similar...

meh... on a second look, the vort looks to be just a tad too far north for a northern stream system to work some magic for us. 

The GFS is Bullish on the clipper thing on Monday morning.. that "redeveloping" clipper from January was the best storm we had in three years. I dont know if the set ups are any where near similar...

meh... on a second look, the vort looks to be just a tad too far north for a northern stream system to work some magic for us. 

Late Sunday into Sunday night is the only wave that has any real potential. The NAM is not going to be correct, its 0z run was whacked. Problem with the Sunday deal is its likely going to track a bit too far north. SREFs and GFS both have a nice little event...for places north of DC. Probably less than an inch DC to BWI to Dover, 1-3 N MD to Philly, and maybe 4 north of that. S.O.S.

Definitely too far north. 500 level map is pretty much all I look at now. Need it underneath us or else congrats PA

Archived