e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 13-14 potential snow storm

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's scary about the GGEM is that it could easily happen if the H5 closes off after it exits NC.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

There has to be a nice, clean phase for that to happen, and the kicker has to be close enough to keep it on a NE track but not so strong/close it causes the storm to exit more ENE and be weaker.

Surface is warm, but with a dynamic storm like that the precipitation would most likely be snow.

We'll have to see if any of the other guidance tries to close this off before it gets past our latitude. A closed

low would make up for the high slipping further east than we would like should it verify.

There has to be a nice, clean phase for that to happen, and the kicker has to be close enough to keep it on a NE track but not so strong/close it causes the storm to exit more ENE and be weaker.

Basically a somewhat weak and slightly faster Northern Stream will do the trick. We will have to keep an eye out for this.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Can't take the GGEM seriously on it's own like this.  And agree with Forky, it's got a habit of showing a wild run like this and backing off.  I think it's way too extreme with posing everything hitting on all cylinders from the H5 closing off, the benchmark run, etc.

That said, it's looking like we will be seeing a system this week now with the models reaching some agreement on a general idea. How strong and how big and the sort, well those are further specifics that need some fine-tuning and consensus.

We'll have to see if any of the other guidance tries to close this off before it gets past our latitude. A closed

low would make up for the high slipping further east than we would like should it verify.

Yup. This is due to the isallobaric wind component factor.

You're talking about a thread the needle situation that's very marginal. The GGEM loves to cater to the weenies among us, but let's be realistic here. There's no way that's happening, and I would favor a snow to rain scenario at this time and there's probably a 50/50 chance at mostly rain with this along the coastal plain given the marginally cold airmass in place and the high retreating to the NE. Those out in NW NJ or especially parts of central and eastern PA are sitting pretty with this as of now. 

Archived