Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 13-14 potential snow storm

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

00z UKMET is in the ECM Camp in the sense that it takes it up the coast...

I tend to believe the Western Solution after looking at the 00z NAVGEM which has a progressive bias because it is closer to the coast (much then the GFS) just off the coast of NJ and its in about the same position as the GGEM .. So this implies (with its progressive bias) that the system should be west of the GFS/GGEM ...

00z UKMET is in the ECM Camp in the sense that it takes it up the coast...

I tend to believe the Western Solution after looking at the 00z NAVGEM which has a progressive bias because it is closer to the coast (much then the GFS) just off the coast of NJ and its in about the same position as the GGEM .. So this implies (with its progressive bias) that the system should be west of the GFS/GGEM ...

Also, most likely to the east of the ECM. As SnoSki14 said, the kicker will be pushing the storm east. So with that in mind, the future runs could be near 40/70, but barely to the west near the Twin Forks of LI. 

No way it hugs the coast water temps are to cold it would, unless its inland closes it come to the coast is 75 miles

Just relaying what it shows..Not sure why you would say no way? ECM was just inland.. Ensemble is slightly further east but it hugs the coast line ... If i could post the image I would...but since its pay site not allowed!

Just relaying what it shows..Not sure why you would say no way? ECM was just inland.. Ensemble is slightly further east but it hugs the coast line ... If i could post the image I would...but since its pay site not allowed!

Well if 120 is Cape Cod... I guess 108 is like 50 miles offshore from Ocean City?

lol no I believe you, I'm just saying if its not inland I don't think it will hug the coast.

- I like a track along the 10c line at the closest and north from there

post-4195-0-06703200-1391933945_thumb.gi

It's def off shore but inside the BM. Takes a good track off the delmarva to the cape...deleting images now

Although the amplitude is weak, the MJO 5 may be giving us a little more SE Ridge 

than we want so the Euro hugs the coast this run.

attachicon.gifECMF_phase_51m_full.gif

attachicon.gifGZ_PN_120_0000.gif

The euro control run is east of its 12z and its 850s hang right thru the city at 108. The OP is into NWNJ .

The control is usually the most amped and has been the furthest west. So good to see it cooler than its OP.

The OP is ugly , but there may be some wiggle room . Typically when the trough is moving out theres some good snows on its tail. After this storm we warm for a week and that would fit some past trends .

Archived