CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 13-14 potential snow storm

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys look at the track. If its a OBX to CC track the 850's would be fine even to the coast. Also if N/S does get involved it will only help BL issues. This is still 5 days out and very liable to change. The fact we're here asking how much for me? QPF is light? Etc. is showing some premature forecasting conclusions. When monday gets here and escpecially 12z runs and forward we should start to get a clearer picture then.

EarthLight Nuff Said!

yeah, ive seen his analysis(long time lurker) - its stellar...but the majority here shouldnt be posting anything but questions as to how to learn more about the science about met....too many know-it-alls who dont know much but think they know everything....lol

i coach HS hockey so im well versed here....

He put rain east of the 32F line, pathetic, 850s are cold enough, 2/10/2010 was a major snowstorm in 33-34F temps

what do the 850's have to do with snow and surface temps? If its above 0C from 925 down it will rain at 32.1

but i guess you passing sophomore earth science qualifies you to question an established met?

yeah, ive seen his analysis(long time lurker) - its stellar...but the majority here shouldnt be posting anything but questions as to how to learn more about the science about met....too many know-it-alls who dont know much but think they know everything....lol

i coach HS hockey so im well versed here....

It's the same thing on twitter. I even see some teenagers on here posting bs on twitter. Anyway, props to the guys who do the great PBP.

Ok put a met tag under your name if you know it all, your right,this happened in 12/29/12, mostly rain event on coast with below 0C 850s122921.pngcoast 

not sure i get your point. That was rain for the south facing shores. Please explain and help understand your point.

there needs to be either a shallow layer of warmth in teh mid-upper levels and a solid thick layer of cold in the lower levels for there to be sleet. In both cases the lower levels need to be cold for there to be PL or ZR

It's too early to pin down the R/S line from this far out in time. But this system has plenty of

Gulf moisture to work with. Another question at this point is how close does the kicker

coming into the Lakes get and how does it affect the track.

Archived