• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 13-14 potential snow storm

Mikehobbyst

It's too early to pin down the R/S line from this far out in time. But this system has plenty of

Gulf moisture to work with. Another question at this point is how close does the kicker

coming into the Lakes get and how does it affect the track.

North32America_msl_96.gif

North32America_msl_120.gif

Thank you... It's crazy people are focusing on R/S line and actual temps this far out..lol..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, my assumption would be, based on my knowledge of DT, that most who disagree with him would be people who knew less than him or didnt fall into his max snowfall range.

Well I do remember him calling Joe B an idiot for thinking the snowstorm in early January would come north towards NYC when he thought otherwise as he kept insisting it would exit the mid Atlantic...We all know who got owned there.

Ok put a met tag under your name if you know it all, your right,this happened in 12/29/12, mostly rain event on coast with below 0C 850s122921.pngcoast 

That was because a primary low initially warmed the 925-surface layer...in this case you'd likely have NE surface winds and dynamic cooling as its more a low originating down south...as the Euro shows now this would likely be all snow most areas as the T/Td spread at least near NYC is roughly 35/23 when the precipitation moves in.

That was because a primary low initially warmed the 925-surface layer...in this case you'd likely have NE surface winds and dynamic cooling as its more a low originating down south...as the Euro shows now this would likely be all snow most areas as the T/Td spread at least near NYC is roughly 35/23 when the precipitation moves in.

That right it was minus 1 at 850 and 33 on Long Island and it rained. A ft fell in CT. I remember the day before the NAM caught the 925s it disturbed the column and it was over.

This time it's modeled the column is cool. The BL is warm due to light QPF , but looking at these details 120 hours is nuts

12z Euro Ensembles ( from DT )

"bings the Low UP the coast and ON the coast .. NONE of this out to sea ****

all of NC gos over to rain on the euro ensembles and does all of central and eastern VA EAST of the Blue Ridge. But from ROA to Winchseter to Frdereick MD ... the Shenandoah valley - stays all snow

DCA BWI gets several inches of snow goes over to rain as does all of NJ DEL NYC most fo CT and eastern mass"

Yeah, the ensemble mean is more like the UKMET with a weaker kicker west of Chicago so the low tracks further west near the coast.

GZ_D5_PN_120_0000.gif

GZ_PN_120_0000.gif

We are going to need the surface low to bomb out around the Delmarva for the coast to stay snow. Eastern PA and Nw jersey look to be the best spot for accumulating snow

No that's my call given the current model consensus. We need a full blown bombing miller A to get more.

Fixed. If your going to do pbp analysis atleast spell right yank, your lack of detail is insulting! :lol:

Remember this is the 13-14 winter where models have been changing their minds just as much as brett favre did about his retirement

Fixed. If your going to do pbp analysis atleast spell right yank, your lack of detail is insulting! :lol:

Remember this is the 13-14 winter where models have been changing their minds just as much as brett favre did about his retirement

What are you talking about? I haven't given any PBP today.

Mount holly

THE 1200 UTC ECMWF REMAINS CONSISTENT WITH PREVIOUS MODEL RUNS IN

BRINGING US A NORTHEASTER FOR LATE WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY. THE

GFS CONTINUES TO FLUCTUATE BETWEEN DIFFERENT SOLUTIONS FROM RUN TO

RUN. THE 1200 UTC GFS AFFECTS OUR REGION WITH A COASTAL STORM

AROUND THURSDAY NIGHT. WE WILL CONTINUE TO FAVOR THE ECMWF

SOLUTION. AS A RESULT, WE WILL INDICATE AN INCREASING CHANCE FOR

SNOW ON WEDNESDAY FROM SOUTH TO NORTH. WE WILL CARRY A CHANCE OF

SNOW FROM WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY. THE ECMWF CONTINUES TO

SUGGEST THAT THE LOW MAY APPROACH CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE THE COAST TO

CAUSE A MIX TO RAIN ON THE COASTAL PLAIN FOR A TIME FROM LATE

WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING. IT APPEARS AS THOUGH ANY

PRECIPITATION WOULD TAPER TO SHOWERS AS THE LOW MOVES AWAY TO OUR

NORTHEAST ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND THURSDAY NIGHT.

THERE REMAINS THE POTENTIAL FOR SOME SIGNIFICANT SNOW IN OUR

REGION FROM LATE WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY. OF COURSE, IT IS STILL

DIFFICULT TO PIN DOWN ANY DETAILS 4 TO 5 DAYS IN ADVANCE.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=PHI&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

It's not 5 days away anymore, based on the EURO. It's more like 4 to 4.5 days away. 

4.5 or 5 days is almost the same thing, I see the biggest impacts around 120 hrs so it is around 5 days even if the setup begins a day or two earlier. Bottom line is we need to see consistency through at least Monday to get into specific detail. I'd give this system a 30% chance of being some kind of snow event. 

12z Euro Ensembles ( from DT )

"bings the Low UP the coast and ON the coast .. NONE of this out to sea ****

all of NC gos over to rain on the euro ensembles and does all of central and eastern VA EAST of the Blue Ridge. But from ROA to Winchseter to Frdereick MD ... the Shenandoah valley - stays all snow

DCA BWI gets several inches of snow goes over to rain as does all of NJ DEL NYC most fo CT and eastern mass"

Should move this to the vendor thread. No one can say for sure what will happen 5 days away given the current pattern this winter. Post like really clogged up the thread

What are you talking about? I haven't given any PBP today.

I was just kidding i know you havent i just wanted to poke fun. I do understand the models "currently" are leaning towards an I-95 N&W storm and rain for the coast. however any confident call for a final outcome this early factoring in all of the models collective performances this year outside of 48 hrs its way too early. I am not saying your going to be wrong as your clearly not weather-illiterate but just dont dive too much into it until monday/ tuesday bud

Archived