joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 13-14 potential snow storm

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't let the past storm blur your judgment with this one. That's a big storm signal between the Euro op and it's ensemble mean. Nothing more, nothing less.

I would be more exicted if we had more favorable teleconnectors in place. There is no +PNA ridge, coupled with a disturbance racing thru the Great Lakes. I've seen far better set ups but then again anything is possible. The Feb blizzard last year is an example of "threading the needle"

HM

Posted A minute ago
  •  
  •  

Meanwhile, the GEFS/EPS means are actually pretty similar and if anything have improved somewhat with the 500mb pattern. I will say that the EPS did trend deeper with the vortex that drops into Hudson Bay. They are more south than east though from the 00z run. Also, the 12z run trended deeper with the eastern PV / 50-50 low anomaly. Not bad...

It shows a storm. It phased. Energy down south was just a bit weak for a huge storm.

yea your right on that one. just if as we get closer to Monday/Tuesday if we don't get more northern stream influence this may be a threat for the north country to follow not us. huge improvements but would love to see it 150 miles further east

The GFS is probably too slow getting the entire thing going, hence if the event does come to fruition I'd expect its going to organize and come up the coast faster than the GFS and probably even the Euro currently suggest amd hence there would be a better air mass in place.

The GFS was doing something that I would expect the Euro to do and that was holding the Southern Stream Vort for an extended period of time. The reality of this will be something closer to what the Euro is showing, but closer to the benchmark and maybe less moisture, but slightly more cold air aloft and at the surface. 

Archived