joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 13-14 potential snow storm

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like NYC-west type storm with p type issues along the coast. However being six days out and having gone through this weekends pitfall this will be changing plenty of times till nowcasting. Nice signal but not excitement till tuesday ;)

I thought you were taking a break till Monday?? Hahaha

I dont know how anyone can say they really like the look of this.  Low pressure building into Great Lakes and high pressure sliding offshore....good luck with that.

Agreed, hell at 150 hours the freezing line at the surface is at the Canadian border. If it somehow snows this is thread the needle to the max. 

This isn't trending towards being an OTS solution. It either phases or it doesn't. If it phases a little you get today's Euro. If it doesn't phase at all you get the GFS. If it phases big, well we haven't seen that yet.

This seems wishful thinking...there are many degrees between just OTS and a snowstorm. 

Did not say it did but there is no debating that over the last two runs it has been trending more east....

It is more then just 2 runs...a few runs ago this was a cutter then a big snow for central PA, then eastern pa...now NJ... its been trending east for about 5 runs now and if that continues.... 

I am NOT trying to rain on anyones parade, I want snow also, I only came in here because some here can see the EC before I can, but my worry is that it is trending towards the majority of guidance that is currently OTS.  I have no crystal ball though, hopefully the euro is right and the GFS is off on its own planet. 

Can't tell if what falls on the JMA is all snow, it is different than all the models because it is a Miller B, Northern dominant system on the JMA....Not like it matters. 

Yeh they are 24 hours increments , so not sure if its inside OBX to CC  or off the coast  on the JMA

Archived