• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
1/28-2/1: Multiple winter storm threats per models

GaWx

Lexington, SC is dry.  0.2 snow misses my house by 3 miles it seems; haha!

Anyway; expect yet another wonderful EPS run

WPC/HPC have been going with the ensembles for this period since the op has not been consistent.

Just remember; there was no storm really at all until 12z yesterday.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk guys do you think the surface is portrayed right? You would think with the more amplified look and the better 5h setup that it would have maybe shifted more west or is it the southern wave ejecting out too fast like were seeing on the GFS and subsequently the northern energy not being able to catch up and phase in time?

Idk guys do you think the surface is portrayed right? You would think with the more amplified look and the better 5h setup that it would have maybe shifted more west or is it the southern wave ejecting out too fast like were seeing on the GFS and subsequently the northern energy not being able to catch up and phase in time?

I half way agree there should be more moisture inland.  Just looking at 700RH or so.

Lookout made a good note about the low high tailing it though.

Its 5 days out people, these things almost always tend to trend wetter on the Euro especially as the low forms and approaches and it gets a better handle on the 700mb moisture etc....I think the actual track is getting pretty locked in maybe a few changes especially once it gets sampled but I am impressed by the lack of wavering overall and typically when this many models are this close together its a good sign that they have a good handle on the way its going to play out. Timing of the waves and when the trough goes neg etc though will all factor in as to how far and how much moisture is pulled inland and we most likely wont see that start to change much until Monday. The best news is its not trending east lol....

Its 5 days out people, these things almost always tend to trend wetter on the Euro especially as the low forms and approaches and it gets a better handle on the 700mb moisture etc....I think the actual track is getting pretty locked in maybe a few changes especially once it gets sampled but I am impressed by the lack of wavering overall and typically when this many models are this close together its a good sign that they have a good handle on the way its going to play out. Timing of the waves and when the trough goes neg etc though will all factor in as to how far and how much moisture is pulled inland and we most likely wont see that start to change much until Monday. The best news is its not trending east lol....

Kind of like the NC clipper the other day , everybody watching shifts for NC , and then 2 days out it has Washington to Boston with a foot almost out of nowhere !

Will be interesting to see if ECMWF ENS mean is still more juicy then op Euro. This is actually pretty typical for these types of events as the GFS is probably too supressed with the GGEM/ECMWF probably more realistic.

Thanks for the encouraging info!  I enjoy your tweets, but I miss the longer, in-depth discussions from the blogging days of the past winters.

Wonder if that was a straight 10:1 ratio figuring. I'd think with temps as cold as the Euro projects, the ration would be considerably higher.

Even 20:1 (which is really, really high for down here), you'd be looking at like 0.8" for CLT. Coastal areas will be warmer with lower ratios.

Archived