Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Jan 21 Obs thread II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about compaction, but I measured 6.5 inches here a little while ago in what is basically south Towson (Idlewylde/Anneslie). Really hoping these last few flakes can get us to 7...I predicted 7 inches to a few friends ;-)

Of note, these last bands are radically different than what we've been getting all day. Went from decorators sugar to the fluffiest, sparkliest, dendrite-iest flakes of all time. Really piled up this last inch in a short period of time.

ha! we never see plows on residential streets anymore in Anne Arundel County....it's pathetic

same goes in Baltimore county, not much in the way of plows on the secondary streets. What typically happens is you'll see a plow during the first inch after salt trucks have come through, but after that only the more important major streets that feed into those side streets get the attention. 

Not sure about compaction, but I measured 6.5 inches here a little while ago in what is basically south Towson (Idlewylde/Anneslie). Really hoping these last few flakes can get us to 7...I predicted 7 inches to a few friends ;-)

Of note, these last bands are radically different than what we've been getting all day. Went from decorators sugar to the fluffiest, sparkliest, dendrite-iest flakes of all time. Really piled up this last inch in a short period of time.

Yes sir, the dendrites are phenomenal. That's what happens what you have optimal temperatures and little disruption in the h7 snow growth zone. A true thing of beauty for the last 2-3 hours of the event. 

Archived