12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 21 Obs thread II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Page county closed..... 6.5 is my final average.   Gonna go clear the cars off and clear the lower part of the driveway off now. The plow guy is coming at 7-7:30 am tomorrow. Glad to be first on list tomorrow.  It is now 17 and getting very windy.  

I'm no "trained spotter", but my deck measured 8 inches on the nose.  Fantastic day of obs here, sledding, drinking, and eating spicy shrimp gumbo.  I want MORE.  When!?  You guys-and you know who you are--were freaking money today.  I gotta keep keep working to hone in on this craft / obsession / hobby.  Cheers!

I'm probably going to go with 5, was able to wrangle that up in the "yard" earlier. I'm going to do a bigger run with the dog soon but wind etc.

I take measuring more seriously than most..I am almost OCD about it...But it makes me proud and confident that I can stand behind my totals..But I had a very tough time with this one..I feel very good about the total, but there is no way to be 100% sure...I think 5" is reasonable..you got at least that I would say..

EDIT - New PNS just posted...these are pretty fresh, esp the 2nd one...not sure where that is,...probably near me...

1 E WASHINGTON 4.8 800 PM 1/21 TRAINED SPOTTER

1 ENE WASHINGTON 4.6 927 PM 1/21 TRAINED SPOTTER

1 SW NATIONAL ARBORE 4.5 835 PM 1

I take measuring more seriously than most..I am almost OCD about it...But it makes me proud and confident that I can stand behind my totals..But I had a very tough time with this one..I feel very good about the total, but there is no way to be 100% sure...I think 5" is reasonable..you got at least that I would say..

EDIT - New PNS just posted...these are pretty fresh, esp the 2nd one...not sure where that is,...probably near me...

1 E WASHINGTON 4.8 800 PM 1/21 TRAINED SPOTTER

1 ENE WASHINGTON 4.6 927 PM 1/21 TRAINED SPOTTER

1 SW NATIONAL ARBORE 4.5 835 PM 1

I pretty much always lowball. I don't even keep my own records.. would have to go through a bunch of threads. It's more or less a snapshot I try to be accurate with. ;) 

FWIW - DC streets are absolutely awful...no hyperbole...like untouched...main streets...major streets...not a truck or plow to be seen all night...

Odd. Must vary greatly depending on locale. East West Hwy / MD410 just over the Maryland side of the border has been plowed and treated multiple times tonight. Right now all the roads I've seen in the downtown silver spring area are completely driveable, but wet. Just a little slush near gutters/median.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Here is a GoPro video of me and my daughter and her boyfriend sledding on our driveway this evening.  We have one of the best sled hills in the county!  .  I used my GoPro Hero 3 Silver with the head mount.  The video is in real time and was not altered or sped up!!  You can really get moving on the really powdery stuff!!  We have about 6.75 inches as of right now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRIWoR7hnH4

Mark

Archived