bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Jan 21 Obs thread II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18 degrees, with a little over 5 here, I'll call it 5. Still snowing moderately but getting towards the back end of the last good band. Maybe another 1/2 inch but doubt I get to 6. Nice event...a bit too many prolonged pixie dust lulls here between the heavier bands but hard to complain or call it an underperfomer...based on the foretasted 6-10 it was a bit I suppose. I got 7 in the early Jan storm and that overperformed so it evens out. Nice fresh snow-pack on the front end of an arctic blast is cool. 

I pretty much always lowball. I don't even keep my own records.. would have to go through a bunch of threads. It's more or less a snapshot I try to be accurate with. ;)

you have my amounts as a pretty good gauge,.,..as you know where I am now you are usually going to do slightly better than me

Here's Silver Spring tonight...main roads are clear with some snow on unshoveled sidewalks here and there. About 3" on the grass and treeline areas. attachicon.gif

Sent from my SCH-I545

DTSS is an exception in MoCo - many even major roads here not too far from Silver Spring are awful. 

Impossible to measure with the snow being so windblown.  I'm going to go with 6", but that is mainly based on what it "feels like" when walking through it.  Spot-to-spot measurements varied wildly.  Ended up doing better in the mid-afternoon than I thought, so we managed to squeak out the low-end of forecast.  By early morning, it was obvious mby was not going to see the high-end accumulations, and for a lot of the day I wondered if we weren't headed for a bust.  Was a noticeable difference in snow amount and wind from my work just 6 miles south of my house.  Further north locations did better it seems.  Can't complain with 6 inches of powder and temps to remain below freezing for the next several days.  Nice stretch of weather on tap.

overall a very good job by the models and every enthusiast weenie and meteorologist that post here. Wes, as usual, the best in the business. we have a very enthusiastic yet tempered forum unlike some others and it makes me feel like I am getting the best information from here when I lurk...everyday.

Still getting pixie dust, 15.1

Archived