joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to late Jan cold talk

Ian

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ensembles keep us below normal through the end of next week. They diverge a bit after that. GFS stays below normal but the euro gives a brief modest warmup for 3 days starting around the 2nd-3rd but cold reloads in western canada and oozes our way verbatim. 

Saturday may be our warmest day out of the next 10 or so. Shot next week won't be as cold as this one it seems but it will be cold either way. Not sure how you can get a better stretch of winter wx with the atlantic being as hostile as it is. 

Ensembles keep us below normal through the end of next week. They diverge a bit after that. GFS stays below normal but the euro gives a brief modest warmup for 3 days starting around the 2nd-3rd but cold reloads in western canada and oozes our way verbatim. 

Saturday may be our warmest day out of the next 10 or so. Shot next week won't be as cold as this one it seems but it will be cold either way. Not sure how you can get a better stretch of winter wx with the atlantic being as hostile as it is. 

Going to post some respectably negative departures for January for BWI and IAD at least.  Add climo+ snow and January will probably shake out as our best winter month door-to-door since Feb 2010.  

Today, it might actually be the midnight high that messed up the shot at coldest since '94, unless DCA got down to 8 in between hours. 

My car thermometer always registers 2 degrees high (after observing it for almost 8 years). When I arrived in Crystal City this morning at about 6:45, my car showed 9, which would indicate 7 at nearby DCA. So it's possible it did dip between hours.

My car thermometer always registers 2 degrees high (after observing it for almost 8 years). When I arrived in Crystal City this morning at about 6:45, my car showed 9, which would indicate 7 at nearby DCA. So it's possible it did dip between hours.

Toyota product I bet; all the ones I ever owned were 2+

Still 12 at DCA. Doesn't feel that cold for some reason. Sun angle.

Beautiful deep blue sky in last hour since clouds cleared.

Agree with Ian, doesn't seem as cold as therm says.....

It's not that bad out there ;)

I agree with Ian. Its not too bad. For some reason I feel colder when its 30 then when it's like 12.

OK, whoever is gonna keep track of these, here you go....

Archived