joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to late Jan cold talk

Ian

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's cold is overperforming a bit. 14F for the high.

Same in Clarksburg. Low was 3.7F this morning but high today so far as of 2pm is 8.8F. Without a significant rise today, today will have the lowest high temp of the the 3 cold snaps. Other two were 11.7F and 12.9F.

Same in Clarksburg. Low was 3.7F this morning but high today so far as of 2pm is 8.8F. Without a significant rise today, today will have the lowest high temp of the the 3 cold snaps. Other two were 11.7F and 12.9F.

Yep, I think this is the coldest afternoon high of the year IMBY.  KOKV shows 14F at midnight, so we're not screwed with an overnight high. 

I'll be satisfied if I get virga at 10000 feet tonight.

My temperature is 13. My dewpoint is -12.

NO SNOW will reach the ground. Someone makin forecasts needs to go back to school and start the frack over. Thats the most RIDICULOUS, LAUGHABLE forecast for Woodbridge I have ever read in my entire life. An inch of snow in this dry air! If I was the meteorologist who made that forecast of an inch of snow tonight, I'd be so damned embarrassed I'd be afraid to leave the house for 99 millennia.

Even five year olds know that no snow will ever overcome this dry air. It's elementary.

Next storm. oh wait! It's gonna be mild by weekend with rain in the cards.

Maybe we will get a car topper by late Feb.

Now THIS is what NWS should forecast for Woodbridge Va for tonight. This is so damn easy a frackin CAVEMAN could have done it in his sleep!

Tuesday - Highs in the teens. Considerable cloudiness. Dry weather expected.

Tuesday night - Mostly cloudy. Lows around 12.

Thats it. NO CHANCE OF SNOW. The atmosphere is too dry here for snow and this time I know damn well I am right and better at it in this case then senior meteorologists.

I'll be satisfied if I get virga at 10000 feet tonight.

My temperature is 13. My dewpoint is -12.

NO SNOW will reach the ground. Someone makin forecasts needs to go back to school and start the frack over. Thats the most RIDICULOUS, LAUGHABLE forecast for Woodbridge I have ever read in my entire life. An inch of snow in this dry air! If I was the meteorologist who made that forecast of an inch of snow tonight, I'd be so damned embarrassed I'd be afraid to leave the house for 99 millennia.

Even five year olds know that no snow will ever overcome this dry air. It's elementary.

Next storm. oh wait! It's gonna be mild by weekend with rain in the cards.

Maybe we will get a car topper by late Feb.

Now THIS is what NWS should forecast for Woodbridge Va for tonight. This is so damn easy a frackin CAVEMAN could have done it in his sleep!

Tuesday - Highs in the teens. Considerable cloudiness. Dry weather expected.

Tuesday night - Mostly cloudy. Lows around 12.

Thats it. NO CHANCE OF SNOW. The atmosphere is too dry here for snow and this time I know damn well I am right and better at it in this case then senior meteorologists.

Awkwardly I am seeing flakes and so is much of the area.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
1245 AM EST WED JAN 29 2014

...RECORD LOW MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE SET AT WASHINGTON DULLES DC...

A RECORD LOW MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE OF 18 DEGREES WAS SET AT
WASHINGTON DULLES DC YESTERDAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 21
DEGREES SET IN 1986 AND 1966.

Archived