CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Mid to late Jan cold talk

Ian

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, it's just about perfect outside.  I just spent a couple of hours xc skiing the local golf course and there's a ton of fresh snow out there that needs to be used.  Very little wind and super cold, but perfect for skiing.  Hopefully I can get up early and get back out there in the morning.

Best winter in a long time.

I am really enjoying the cold and the snowpack.

However, the strength of the polar air shall keep the storm in the southeast IN the southeast.

We will enjoy our cold air while SE VA and North Carolina gets in on a foot of fresh powder

You can't have it both ways without blocking.

This is the one time when there is ZERO chance of a north trend, NONE. Mark my words.

There is nothing worse than a surpressed storm because of the strength of the high. It is what it is though.

I am really enjoying the cold and the snowpack.

However, the strength of the polar air shall keep the storm in the southeast IN the southeast.

We will enjoy our cold air while SE VA and North Carolina gets in on a foot of fresh powder

You can't have it both ways without blocking.

This is the one time when there is ZERO chance of a north trend, NONE. Mark my words.

There is nothing worse than a surpressed storm because of the strength of the high. It is what it is though.

I've been thinking along the same lines, near zero DP's, no difluence and pos trough axis due to s/w entering over Wyoming. Not expecting much of a N trend.

Archived