Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 11-12 Rain Soaker

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, then change the thread to something like - flooding rainstorm, winter sucks, banter away.  then i won't bother clicking through it to see the read a discussion of what's about to happen.

Apologies, I completely see what you are saying.

Any mod can certainly move last night's random banter to the winter discussion/banter thread... there's like a page or two of irrelevant posts in there.

lol.  Really?

[ontopic]Enjoy your chance of a nasty mix followed by downpours tomorrow[/ontopic]

i won't enjoy it, but as it will ruin my ice skating pond.  But at least it will melt the glacier in the driveway and get rid of the ice pack.

As others have noted, ice jams and flooding are a serious concern for the region.  Montpelier, with the Winooski River running adjacent to the downtown region, is particularly vulnerable.  An inch of QPF, the quarter to half inch of water in the snowpack, and an ice jam make for some potentially ugly conditions.

i won't enjoy it, but as it will ruin my ice skating pond.  But at least it will melt the glacier in the driveway and get rid of the ice pack.

As others have noted, ice jams and flooding are a serious concern for the region.  Montpelier, with the Winooski River running adjacent to the downtown region, is particularly vulnerable.  An inch of QPF, the quarter to half inch of water in the snowpack, and an ice jam make for some potentially ugly conditions.

I never understood why they put the capitol of the state there. Floods so often with ice jams.

Archived