• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 11-12 Rain Soaker

Baroclinic Zone

I have a duck hunting jacket that's 100% watertight.  There's two front pockets for keeping your hands warm. It was raining so hard it trapped the water in the pockets creating pools of water that doused my phone.    If you ever want to stay dry, Drake waterfowl jackets are the ticket. You can walk around with an inch of water in your pocket and not even know.

lol.

Isn't it time for the famous car exhaust hose photo from you?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From GYX's morning AFD:

.LONG TERM /FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY/...
MODELS ARE SIMILAR WITH NEXT WEATHER EVENT SATURDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH SUNDAY. STRONG COLD FRONT APPROACHES SATURDAY WITH
OVERUNNING PRECIPITATION BEGINNING AFTER SUNRISE IN WESTERN ZONES
AND SPREADING NORTH AHEAD. INITIALLY PRECIPITATION MAY START AS A
PERIOD OF SLEET, SNOW, AND FREEZING RAIN BUT THIS MIXED
PRECIPITATION SHOULD BE LIGHT AND SHOULD NOT LAST LONG. THE WARM
AIR SHOULD MOVE INTO THE ENTIRE CWA FAIRLY QUICKLY WITH THE STRONG
SOUTHERLY WINDS. EXPECT PRECIPITATION TO BE OCCASIONALLY HEAVY BY
LATE AFTERNOON THROUGH EARLY SUNDAY MORNING. PWATS WILL BE WELL
ABOVE NORMAL AS SYSTEM WILL BE DRAWING MOISTURE FROM THE BAHAMAS.
EXPECT A SOAKING RAIN OF 1 TO 2 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS
IN THE FAVORED UPSLOPE AREAS.
WILL HAVE TO MONITOR RIVERS FOR
FLOOD ISSUES DUE TO ICE JAMS.

More fun than we deserve.  ;)

when he said the next ten days were a total disaster I told him be careful writing off the entire period as we could see a WAA snow and a pop up snow in that period, you may be writing off mid week next week but I am not convinced 

Well as far as next week goes in our area of SNE, I am writing the 15th off. Maybe NNE can get something.

JB barking about a big storm around the 18th-I'll ride that for awhile til it falls apart

There are some signs of a storm, but it could be one of those deals that serves to usher in the cold and not really much of a snow event. It's obviously in la-la land so we know the caveats.

Just watching at this point, not excited but thought the look had a slim chance, we will see.

That was something I didn't foresee, but the GFS has a micro low as a second s/w rounds the bend....lol. Probably won't happen...but maybe hope for some. I was thinking more of a fropa deal, but the 12z GFS does something different.

Burly men sleeveless toe tapping next to him @ trucks stop?

Or snow

I just hope the sat nite soaker doesn't screw up game too badly, are winds gonna be very gusty from south?

How do you know about this stuff, what does toe tapping mean. It's Kev by the way who always mentions burly men at rest stops

That was something I didn't foresee, but the GFS has a micro low as a second s/w rounds the bend....lol. Probably won't happen...but maybe hope for some. I was thinking more of a fropa deal, but the 12z GFS does something different.

for you Winston, Messenger, Cweat, Rollo, Polar Vortex, pop this.

How do you know about this stuff, what does toe tapping mean. It's Kev by the way who always mentions burly men at rest stops

cpick frolics in the reeds at the Fens in Boston. He's learned a lot about whistling and toe tapping.

Would be a win if we could 'pop' off a sneaky snow event to herald in the 2nd half of winter

Archived