joxey
January 9-10 event

snow.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if Justin Berk is on board:

Snow returns as arctic air departs...

Here is the Canadian Model forecast outlook for Friday Morning.

Note: This model has been consistently building back moisture for this time frame. I've mentioned it here for a few days.

The GFS Model just started hinting at it, so many other forecasts will likely begin to mention it shortly.

We are in a pattern with over performing events that arrive a little early. I would leave an arrival window from Thursday Night open too.

How much? It is too early (I never make my first call outside of 48 hrs)

But... This looks like a few inches over a quick event.

Time frame 6-8 hours

Faith-in-the-Flakes*

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
344 PM EST TUE JAN 7 2014

DEZ002>004-MDZ012-015-019-020-082045-
KENT-INLAND SUSSEX-DELAWARE BEACHES-KENT MD-QUEEN ANNES-TALBOT-
CAROLINE-
344 PM EST TUE JAN 7 2014

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY.

THERE IS A CHANCE OF A LIGHT WINTRY MIX LATE THURSDAY NIGHT AND
FRIDA
Y.

Well if Justin Berk is on board:

Snow returns as arctic air departs...

Here is the Canadian Model forecast outlook for Friday Morning.

Note: This model has been consistently building back moisture for this time frame. I've mentioned it here for a few days.

The GFS Model just started hinting at it, so many other forecasts will likely begin to mention it shortly.

We are in a pattern with over performing events that arrive a little early. I would leave an arrival window from Thursday Night open too.

How much? It is too early (I never make my first call outside of 48 hrs)

But... This looks like a few inches over a quick event.

Time frame 6-8 hours

Faith-in-the-Flakes*

Lol JB...yeah a few inches. Good luck with that. Outside chance of less than an inch somewhere...maybe. Why are all storms over-performers in his mind? ALWAYS. Must be #faithintheflakeskoolaid

Last weeks storm was forecasted to only make a tenth to and inch pretty much everywhere, and many people got 3-5 inches.  It could happen again.   

The last system actually had a really nice upper level center coming our way on a really good track to give us snow as long as the sfc low didn't track right over us.   look at how pathetic the 500 vorticity center is with this threat.  The only thing going for it is some warm advection and the exit region of a weak jet streak.  Plus it has temp issues....someone might see a dusting to an inch before the sucker mixes but they'll be lucky.  Heck, I wasn't even planning on writing an article on it. 

The last system actually had a really nice upper level center coming our way on a really good track to give us snow as long as the sfc low didn't track right over us.   look at how pathetic the 500 vorticity center is with this threat.  The only thing going for it is some warm advection and the exit region of a weak jet streak.  Plus it has temp issues....someone might see a dusting to an inch before the sucker mixes but they'll be lucky.  Heck, I wasn't even planning on writing an article on it. 

When Wes talks, everyone listens.

Next!

look at how pathetic the 500 vorticity center is with this threat.  

It will create it's own vorticity. The hideous polar vortex may leave a destructive path of vorticitous leftovers to be consumed like hotdogs at a nats game. The weak little innocent vort is going to be a hideous step brother of the dreaded...PV of DOOOOM

Last weeks storm was forecasted to only make a tenth to and inch pretty much everywhere, and many people got 3-5 inches.  It could happen again.   

No comparison. That storm had a strong vort to our south and some juice, not to mention incoming cold. This "threat' has none of the above.

Earlier in the week it looked like this had slightly more potential...clearly the high is not in an ideal location, nor is there significant overrunning precipitation with how far southwest the initial storm system will be....Could be conversational flakes especially northwest but outside of that, this looks like a useless thread as of now

Very marginal event, but looks like it will hit early am, so may have 'rush hour' issues.

I don't see more than 0.10 liquid for anybody, but if it is all freezing rain a little goes a

long way on roadways.

NAM is now painting upwards of 0.25 region wide by 18z tomorrow.  That's a good deal wetter than anything we've seen modeled for this in a good while.

Archived