• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 9-10 event

snow.

We're gonna need early if we get it. I'm not real optimistic but that's probably just cause the pattern is starting to fall apart and it's are last shot for week or so.

It's been a pretty decent 5-6 week run overall. Little going away present before it comes roaring back with a block hammer.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're gonna need early if we get it.  I'm not real optimistic but that's probably just cause the pattern is starting to fall apart and it's are last shot for week or so. 

we saw a couple similar events the last 3 winters....light precip into a stale, residual rotting air mass......I think one of them gave DCA almost an inch, and you more....but it was all about timing...and I think that one was weak warm adv from the south, not the west

curious to see what happens THursday...do we get into the low 40s?...or hold in the mid 30s.?

we've seen these events a fair amount and usually at best if they work out they give Leesburg a nice grassy 2", and we see more of a mangled 0.5" - 1"....DCA gets 0.2" to get to 3.6" for the season

Yea, thurs afternoon will likely be upper 30's / low 40's. Euro has us all in the upper 20's by 1am. Prob not worth slicing and dicing but your concern is real. Ground will be cold though.

It's been a pretty decent 5-6 week run overall. Little going away present before it comes roaring back with a block hammer.

I got a 5 inch event so I can't complain.  Before that,  not much love.....good for western folks and northern folks but a pretty normal type dec for the city and points east.

I got a 5 inch event so I can't complain.  Before that,  not much love.....good for western folks and northern folks but a pretty normal type dec for the city and points east.

im getting tired of 3-4 inch events...its time to move up to the bighouse

Archived