joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 9-10 event

snow.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove from Bel Air to Hanover today and it was dry until I got just south of Balt city... (though it probably has picked up north and east too now).

Roads seemed fine and heavily salted everywhere.  In Hanover, I got out of car and surprisingly almost slipped on the pavement.  The unsalted parking lot was very slippery.  The freezing rain was picking up in intensity as well.  Temp seemed to be right under 32.

Stay home and enjoy the new furnace. :sun:

Though my guess is that it isn't installed yet.

no, not installed yet. waiting to hear back about the quote on an upgrade.

29 at home still, with sleet/snow/rain mix per the hubby.

further south i got the less frozen precip there was, 35 at the office with rain. back roads by my house were icy, but main roads were just wet.

Sleet and freezing rain.  Looking out the office window I 83sb just came to a halt at Shrewsbury.  Roads were horrible this morning waiting for an hour before heading out in the field to conduct wetland delineations. 

looks like its still mostly frozen near the PA line, I'm sure 83 up there is a disaster. It was near my house at 630 (I'm 3 miles south of the PA line along 83)

Much to the amusement of my wife, my first step off the porch this morning was, amusing.  Managed not to fall on my ass but came pretty damn close

i was kind enough to put salt down when i saw how icy it was, so the hubby could safely make it to the car without falling (and myself when I left with the kiddo)

Archived