• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-8 2014 arctic attack obs thread...

Marion_NC_WX

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is.  The cold air has to completely traverse the mountains to our north before it really starts spilling in, basically because it has to.  If you watch a time laps of colder air moving in from the northwest, it is remarkable to watch this be the very last spot to cool.  

Timelapse link?

It really is.  The cold air has to completely traverse the mountains to our north before it really starts spilling in, basically because it has to.  If you watch a time laps of colder air moving in from the northwest, it is remarkable to watch this be the very last spot to cool.  

Its a cool city, but definitely would not want to live there in winter.  You really have to have a strong CAD to get really cold.

Timelapse link?

I use the new maps on weather.com, just switch from radar to temperatures, then throw it in motion.

Its a cool city, but definitely would not want to live there in winter.  You really have to have a strong CAD to get really cold.

I have enjoyed living here, but coming from the Atlanta area, it is a vastly different climate.

Odd. My low rose from 7 to 9 and high tomorrow from 22 to 27. Definitely going to be under 9 based on where I am now (14.9).

No doubt. NWS has been hanging around 5 here. Considering the overall conditions right now and some of the dps that has been forecasted would equal below 0 here and around RDU area. Really its insane at the amount of cold.

Archived