Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - January 2014

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for confirming...what I remembered was far more impressive than '96.

Down to 6.1 here now

Yea I should have said much worse then 96. My parent had pics of that, I need to find them. One was me standing in the road with the loader trying to clear out behind me. Even with the Bucket extended as high as it can go the ice was higher then it.

Hey guys,

Checking in. Very heavy snow here. Had thundersnow last night. Have video of it on my Facebook page Hazardous Weather Prediction Center. Right now 1 degree with -25 wind chill and 40mph winds. 23" so far. Looks like another 1.5-2feet tonight. 

1512687_567166483367968_282969556_n.jpg

1528578_10152238882077009_1474549898_n.j

1469843_10152239082117009_542429588_n.jp

Awesome!!! Living the dream!

Hanging at 8. Downstairs with all the windows and wood floors has a definite chill despite it warm upstairs. Just pure penetrating cold the past few days.

I have been sitting at 1 at the house... have been wearing my warm socks... took them off and just walked across the kitchen floor and it felt like I had left the freezer door open... glad the wind is much calmer now though

Hanging at 8. Downstairs with all the windows and wood floors has a definite chill despite it warm upstairs. Just pure penetrating cold the past few days.

I have been sitting at 1 at the house... have been wearing my warm socks... took them off and just walked across the kitchen floor and it felt like I had left the freezer door open... glad the wind is much calmer now though

My kitchen cabinets are basically fridges.

Zak's town leading the way as per the latest BUF PNS reports, although I'm sure there's spots that probably have more. He's about on par with an average Shippensburg winter at this point haha. 

...LEWIS COUNTY...
LOWVILLE 27.2 915 PM 1/07 COCORAHS
CROGHAN 17.0 800 PM 1/07 COCORAHS
BEAVER FALLS 16.0 755 PM 1/07 TRAINED SPOTTER
WATSON 6.0 805 PM 1/07 SOCIAL MEDIA

Worst of the band has been residing just a little bit north of Lowville, I could only imagine the rates.

post-1507-0-62688800-1389157176_thumb.pn

Drove over there about a half hour ago.  Almost completely frozen,  Will it stay that way through this warm spell?

Probably break up. 

This is Wrightsville in January 1959 during a January thaw

082508-sub-Long-Level-1959-2.jpg

When I was a kid my dad used to take me to York Haven to check it out back in the late 70s/early 80s. The moans and gunshot cracks are so surreal. We also saw someone's bungalow get destroyed by ice.

Zak's town leading the way as per the latest BUF PNS reports, although I'm sure there's spots that probably have more. He's about on par with an average Shippensburg winter at this point haha. 

...LEWIS COUNTY...

LOWVILLE 27.2 915 PM 1/07 COCORAHS

CROGHAN 17.0 800 PM 1/07 COCORAHS

BEAVER FALLS 16.0 755 PM 1/07 TRAINED SPOTTER

WATSON 6.0 805 PM 1/07 SOCIAL MEDIA

Worst of the band has been residing just a little bit north of Lowville, I could only imagine the rates.

A friend of mine works at Ft. Drum (just NW of Watertown). He's got about 2' right now from this system. It seems like he's posting snow pictures on facebook weekly.

What are the thoughts on this minor event shaping up for Thursday night for the area? Seems like the CMC wants to bring a couple of inches of snow perhaps?

looks to be a fairly weak disturbance... if snow - maybe a dusting to an inch... with the luck we have had so far this winter I dont think there is a 100% chance we see nothing or that it doesn't over perform... but to me doesnt look to be anything more than maybe re-whiten everything before it melts by the afternoon

latest NWS discussion mentioning light freezing/frozen precip possible for early Friday

looks to be a fairly weak disturbance... if snow - maybe a dusting to an inch... with the luck we have had so far this winter I dont think there is a 100% chance we see nothing or that it doesn't over perform... but to me doesnt look to be anything more than maybe re-whiten everything before it melts by the afternoon

latest NWS discussion mentioning light freezing/frozen precip possible for early Friday

Eric Horst is saying an inch or two north of the pike, a dusting to an inch possible south.

Archived