Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA & The Fringes - January 2014

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like KUNV bottomed out at -9, Walker Bldg at -8.5.  I'm less than half a mile up the hill from Walker Bldg and my backyard thermometer went down to -5.5 -- that would probably be a degree and a half lower if it were further from the house(s).  I am not interested in walking around outside to find the true temp.  I experienced the coldest temperature ever recorded in Chicago, so been there/done that.

I am at -7 in my back yard... put a few other thermometers out to see if that is possibly legit

I went by a friend's, mine is stuck on zero. I was just bringing firewood in and hooked my dog to his chain, 10 minutes when I was done,his chain froze to his collar, I had to hit it with wood to break it free

Really didn't feel that bad this morning.  Once you get used to the cold it's kinda meh.

One of the side effects of aging is sensitivity to cold. I minded this more than the -22 I experienced in Pittsburgh when I was 27 in 1994, and I was out in -12. But it's relative, I sort of enjoy the feeling of it all. 

I might see if I can snag one from Chickie's Rock overlook tomorrow.

That'd be awesome! I probably can't get any overlook aside from my office balcony, but I can get to the Walnut Street bridge at least. I wish I could make it down to the bottom sidewalk but it's solid ice I'm sure so screw that.

I think my -7 is a degree or two off... calibrated well when it was warmer but now running 1-2 degrees colder than the other two thermometers... warmed up to -2 now lol... we will have to see at 1:00 for the max/min 6 hour temps for MDT to see if it dipped just below 0 after 7 or not

Archived