• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January Banter

Isopycnic

Not really any good words to say man. Just know we're praying for you guys. Hopefully, it'll turn out negative. But if not, like Tony said, get her up for the fight.

We will be praying for you mother and your family. Nothing is impossible with GOD . He is bigger than any problen we face in life .

Amen..

Amen Bro. even a classic miller A snowstorm!  :)  He is in control, even when we're out of control!!!

Sorry to hear.

85 my wife who is 41 had what was thought to be a mass in her uterus. Long story short 2 weeks ago she had a full hysterectomy ovaries and all. Turns out the mass was polips and lab work confirmed no cancer. Answered prayer and I can understand the thoughts of loosing a parent is haunting. My mom has alltimers and as a family (esp all her grandkids) we just treasure the day we have and try not to worry about what the next one or it will drive you crazy! Hang in there and I'll be praying for your mom!

Thank you all for the kind words and I am not trying to think the absolute worst. Also with God's help anything is possible. I am learning this with my walk with Christ and going into the ministry to dig deep and turn this over to God. Thank you all so much for the outpouring of support. Wish I could meet everyone of you. I will keep yall up to date as she is having more test run tomorrow.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife had bone cancer when she was 16. Now 37 and has been cancer free for 21 years. A friend has a sister a year ago diagnosed with stage 4 rectom cancer and also lung cancer. Duke treated her then surgery. 30 yrs old 3 kids looked bad. But she is now cancer free. So dont let her give up

Hey man will be keeping you in my prayers.  I am sorry to hear this my mom is very dear to me, but God works miracles everyday my friend.  God Bless

I know this is a weather site but I thank it is great when someone on this site has a health concearn we can put our differences aside and do the right thing.We all have needs in our life and i'm thankful we have a GOD in heaven that hears and answers our prayers.GOD bless everyone tonight.

Very encouraging guys again thank you for your own personal stories. This has been a rough 18 hours to say the least. There has been a lot of crying and wondering what the future holds and how tough this is going to be for my mother. We are very close and I love her dearly. The thought of losing her is almost overwhelming right know but again than you all for the concerns and prayers. God bless you all!

Thought I would share this with yall for I need as many prayers as possible. It looks like I will be entering one of the hardest times of my life up to know with the news that my mother has a large mass on her uterus connecting to here rectum. They do not know if it is cancer or not but she is a breast cancer survivor. This is very difficult thinking that there is a real possibility that I will lose my mother and that my kids will not grow up the Mammow. Trying to keep a positive attitude and just do lots of praying. Thank you all for the kind words ahead of time and God bless you all!

Keep the faith in the gracious good Lord and he will deliver and keep a light on your path..   Your Mom, yourself and your family are in my prayers.

I lost my Dad this past July 21, so I know how losing a parent can be.   My Dad was my best friend so I miss him greatly.

I am going through something similar... my mom has melanoma on her foot 8 years ago and had it removed at Duke university. She has been cancer free ever since but her health has went downhill the past few months. The day after Christmas she could barely walk so we took her to the emergency room and CT and MRIs showed the cancer had returned all over her body, she has a mass on her spine making it impossible for her to walk right now, the doctors aren't giving her long at all but we haven't lost hope and we are continuing to pray. My moms from England and she absolutely adored snow. When I was little she used to read the old childrens book "The Snowman" to me, some of you might remember the flying snowman. I really hope it snows for her before she passes, it would make her happy if only for a little while..

Keep the faith in the gracious good Lord and he will deliver and keep a light on your path..   Your Mom, yourself and your family are in my prayers.

I lost my Dad this past July 21, so I know how losing a parent can be.   My Dad was my best friend so I miss him greatly.

Wow sorry to hear about your lost this past year. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. I hope this I  not the outcome for my mother but I am preparing for the worst mentally.

I am going through something similar... my mom has melanoma on her foot 8 years ago and had it removed at Duke university. She has been cancer free ever since but her health has went downhill the past few months. The day after Christmas she could barely walk so we took her to the emergency room and CT and MRIs showed the cancer had returned all over her body, she has a mass on her spine making it impossible for her to walk right now, the doctors aren't giving her long at all but we haven't lost hope and we are continuing to pray. My moms from England and she absolutely adored snow. When I was little she used to read the old childrens book "The Snowman" to me, some of you might remember the flying snowman. I really hope it snows for her before she passes, it would make her happy if only for a little while..

Wow thoughts and prayers for you and your family. There have been several people open up here the past 12 hours and I really appreciate it. Knowing that there are so many others out there dealing with similar things. I wish everyone the best and again thank you so much for the support and  if there is anything I can do for someone or pray for you and your family please let me know.

I'll book our room.

:lol:  I hope you decide to go  :hug:   I'm excited that we just might have a conference this year :D 

Love, Light, Thoughts and Prayers  :hug:

Found out an old friend took her own life two days ago. Depression is a hell of a thing and I've had three friends now decide that they couldn't take another minute on this earth. Personally I can't understand it but I also do not have to carry that weight around from day to day. For anyone suffering from depression if you get in a bad funk please just let someone know so that you're not alone in it. 

Very encouraging guys again thank you for your own personal stories. This has been a rough 18 hours to say the least. There has been a lot of crying and wondering what the future holds and how tough this is going to be for my mother. We are very close and I love her dearly. The thought of losing her is almost overwhelming right know but again than you all for the concerns and prayers. God bless you all!

Well, since we are all sharing this morning.  My mother had breast cancer in 2004.  The week before this past Thanksgiving, we found out that the breast cancer cells have returned and created tumors on her brain, kidney and bones.  She had successful brain surgery the week after Thanksgiving and continues to recover from that.  She is home now after being in the hospital for a month.  In the following weeks she will have radiation on her brain and a PET scan to see where all of the cancer cells are.  The oncologist is hopeful that they will be able to stop the cancer from spreading further, but there is no cure.  We really don't know how much time she may have left. The variety of emotions that you go through during these time will wear on you. We have resulted to taking things one day at a time.  My prayers are with you and your family.  Please try to keep us updated, especially if it gives you a little bit of an emotional outlet.

Well, since we are all sharing this morning.  My mother had breast cancer in 2004.  The week before this past Thanksgiving, we found out that the breast cancer cells have returned and created tumors on her brain, kidney and bones.  She had successful brain surgery the week after Thanksgiving and continues to recover from that.  She is home now after being in the hospital for a month.  In the following weeks she will have radiation on her brain and a PET scan to see where all of the cancer cells are.  The oncologist is hopeful that they will be able to stop the cancer from spreading further, but there is no cure.  We really don't know how much time she may have left. The variety of emotions that you go through during these time will wear on you. We have resulted to taking things one day at a time.  My prayers are with you and your family.  Please try to keep us updated, especially if it gives you a little bit of an emotional outlet.

Sorry to hear about this one too.  Prayers up as well.  It's things like this that can renew or refresh one's perspective on a great many things.

That was the 2 year anniversary of my Mom passing. I am sorry for your loss and everyone here going through this with their own family members. I absolutely love this poem:

Your Mother Is Always With You

Your mother is always with you...

She's the whisper of the leaves

as you walk down the street.

She's the smell of bleach in

your freshly laundered socks.

She's the cool hand on your

brow when you're not well.

Your mother lives inside

your laughter. She's crystallized

in every tear drop...

She's the place you came from,

your first home.. She's the map you

follow with every step that you take.

She's your first love and your first heart

break....and nothing on earth can separate you.

Not time, Not space...

Not even death....

will ever separate you

from your mother....

You carry her inside of you....

I'm sorry Brick.  It looks like they won't leave you alone today.  You have been reasonable with your responses in my opinion.

It's mainly me today.  I maybe somewhat agree with the bolded, but I'm kind of on the fence about it.  But either way, sorry to derail the conversation in the pattern thread.

It's no biggie. I even deleted that post because I felt it was just better to drop things.

For the record, I would not want there to not be a day when Brick didn't feel like he couldn't post.  So, I'm sorry for maybe laying it on too much today.  Check your PM, Brickster.

We're getting dangerously close to having 3 straight winters with no accumulating snow in Atlanta ( Atlanta did get a little snow in the fall but that's not winter). Can't remember the last time we had no snow or ice on the ground for 3 straight winters. I guess we're entering record territory. It would be nice if we could even just manage a dusting of snow that stayed on the ground longer than 3 hours, if that is even possible.

Thought I would share this with yall for I need as many prayers as possible. It looks like I will be entering one of the hardest times of my life up to know with the news that my mother has a large mass on her uterus connecting to here rectum. They do not know if it is cancer or not but she is a breast cancer survivor. This is very difficult thinking that there is a real possibility that I will lose my mother and that my kids will not grow up the Mammow. Trying to keep a positive attitude and just do lots of praying. Thank you all for the kind words ahead of time and God bless you all!

Will be praying. 

We're getting dangerously close to having 3 straight winters with no accumulating snow in Atlanta ( Atlanta did get a little snow in the fall but that's not winter). Can't remember the last time we had no snow or ice on the ground for 3 straight winters. I guess we're entering record territory. It would be nice if we could even just manage a dusting of snow that stayed on the ground longer than 3 hours, if that is even possible.

We knew it. You went to sleep that night and missed the snow. We saw it on radar and everything.

Just got in...I lost my Dad a year ago this week to Cancer. He was diagnosed 10 years ago. The last 10 years were the best for us. We lived and loved life every way we could.  My prayers are with you as you and your mom face this. 

Wow sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers you way also.

Prayers to all of those that have to suffer and grieve. 

For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison...

Corinthians 4:17

Thank you Steve that is a great verse.

Found out an old friend took her own life two days ago. Depression is a hell of a thing and I've had three friends now decide that they couldn't take another minute on this earth. Personally I can't understand it but I also do not have to carry that weight around from day to day. For anyone suffering from depression if you get in a bad funk please just let someone know so that you're not alone in it. 

Sorry to hear Burger. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. That must be extremely hard to go through. So sorry.

Thoughts and prayers to your family and best of Luck. Stay strong and I will keep yall updated and please keep us updated about your mother as well.

Calm down man. This is an exception to the rule. No body is preaching here, just sending some prayers and well wishes to a friend in need. With that being said,...... we will also be remembering Met1985 in our prayers.

Thank you very much CAD!

Archived