amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Met, you seem like a great guy , and nobody should have to go through this! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family

Thank you very much. I understand things happen and we are all going to die one day but I do not want my mom to die so young. She is fixing to turn 50 in March. Bad things happen to good people but still does not make it any easier. My faith in Christ will lead me along this valley of shadows and I will come out of this stronger than ever either way. Again thank you all so much for the support you all have been so kind and generous in sharing your own experiences.

Thanks for sharing 85. Always know the folks around here will do nothing but support and send up positive thoughts for you and your family.

Stay Strong...

Thought I would share this with yall for I need as many prayers as possible. It looks like I will be entering one of the hardest times of my life up to know with the news that my mother has a large mass on her uterus connecting to here rectum. They do not know if it is cancer or not but she is a breast cancer survivor. This is very difficult thinking that there is a real possibility that I will lose my mother and that my kids will not grow up the Mammow. Trying to keep a positive attitude and just do lots of praying. Thank you all for the kind words ahead of time and God bless you all!

I'm going to try and make a red velvet cake this weekend. I've never baked a cake before, but I think I can do it. The recipe indicates that it's very easy, so it appears I'm good! :)

One of my favorite cakes! Never made one myself, but I've heard the hard part is getting enough or good quality food coloring to get the color right

Deja vu. I posted this exact same thing during the first 10 days of December except the warm version of this. I said we would most likely end the month above normal. You guys went wild. Crazy how the reactions are to +10 and - 8.

"Just checked CLT's monthly numbers......8.7 degrees below normal for the first 10 days of Jan. Just like December's early warm spell caused us to be above normal for Dec, this early January cold outbreak will be hard to erase. I just can't see us finishing above average this month without a serious torch. "

Well, since we are all sharing this morning.  My mother had breast cancer in 2004.  The week before this past Thanksgiving, we found out that the breast cancer cells have returned and created tumors on her brain, kidney and bones.  She had successful brain surgery the week after Thanksgiving and continues to recover from that.  She is home now after being in the hospital for a month.  In the following weeks she will have radiation on her brain and a PET scan to see where all of the cancer cells are.  The oncologist is hopeful that they will be able to stop the cancer from spreading further, but there is no cure.  We really don't know how much time she may have left. The variety of emotions that you go through during these time will wear on you. We have resulted to taking things one day at a time.  My prayers are with you and your family.  Please try to keep us updated, especially if it gives you a little bit of an emotional outlet.

Again thank you for sharing but wondering were are yall going to get treatment and a PET scan. Just talked to my mom and she is trying to find somewhere nearby that she can get this scan. The closest she has found is Atlanta in the American cancer treatment society.

Deja vu. I posted this exact same thing during the first 10 days of December except the warm version of this. I said we would most likely end the month above normal. You guys went wild. Crazy how the reactions are to +10 and - 8.

"Just checked CLT's monthly numbers......8.7 degrees below normal for the first 10 days of Jan. Just like December's early warm spell caused us to be above normal for Dec, this early January cold outbreak will be hard to erase. I just can't see us finishing above average this month without a serious torch. "

some of us were only slightly above for December, not +6 or 8.

One of my favorite cakes! Never made one myself, but I've heard the hard part is getting enough or good quality food coloring to get the color right

We'll see how it turns out. I'm most concerned about getting the frosting right. This old lady friend of my grandmother used to make the best red velvet cake before she passed. It wasn't with the cream cheese icing. So I'm going to try different recipes till I get close so next Christmas, I'll be able to eat a good one instead of the disaster my sister tries to make every year.

Cant believe we are having a thunderstorm in january with a temp of 45 degrees. :whistle:  

Flash flood warning for Richland Co until 5:45 pm..

The thunder today has been awesome :)  It was a perfect day for watching movies and cat napping  ^_^

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm stoked to see VA and the mid Atlantic get more snow next week!

:lol:

"Just checked CLT's monthly numbers......8.7 degrees below normal for the first 10 days of Jan. Just like December's early warm spell caused us to be above normal for Dec, this early January cold outbreak will be hard to erase. I just can't see us finishing above average this month without a serious torch. "

You keep forgetting that warmth and rain are evil during the winter   :P    

We'll see how it turns out. I'm most concerned about getting the frosting right. This old lady friend of my grandmother used to make the best red velvet cake before she passed. It wasn't with the cream cheese icing. So I'm going to try different recipes till I get close so next Christmas, I'll be able to eat a good one instead of the disaster my sister tries to make every year.

What icing did she use? I love butter cream icing with pecans on a red velvet cake  :D

The thunder today has been awesome :) It was a perfect day for watching movies and cat napping ^_^

:lol:

You keep forgetting that warmth and rain are evil during the winter :P

What icing did she use? I love butter cream icing with pecans on a red velvet cake :D

I don't know, but I *think* it did have chopped pecans in it. I didn't get a chance to ask. I thought about tracking her daughter down, but I could never get past the initial phone call in my mind..."Um, hi. This is Cold Rain. You don't know me, but your mom made the best cakes. I didn't really know her either. Can I get the recipe?"

All I know is that I've had enough cream cheese frosting versions to know that it wasn't that. :)

Thought I would share this with yall for I need as many prayers as possible. It looks like I will be entering one of the hardest times of my life up to know with the news that my mother has a large mass on her uterus connecting to here rectum. They do not know if it is cancer or not but she is a breast cancer survivor. This is very difficult thinking that there is a real possibility that I will lose my mother and that my kids will not grow up the Mammow. Trying to keep a positive attitude and just do lots of praying. Thank you all for the kind words ahead of time and God bless you all!

I've been out most of the day but really hated to read this.  I hope everything works out and stay positive!  Prayers sent your way.

I don't know, but I *think* it did have chopped pecans in it. I didn't get a chance to ask. I thought about tracking her daughter down, but I could never get past the initial phone call in my mind..."Um, hi. This is Cold Rain. You don't know me, but your mom made the best cakes. I didn't really know her either. Can I get the recipe?"

All I know is that I've had enough cream cheese frosting versions to know that it wasn't that. :)

:lol:  Well....I can't speak for anyone else, but if someone wanted my grandmothers apple pie recipe(it's amazing), it would bring a smile to my face  ;)  

Enjoy your taste testing! It's one of my favorite ways to perfect a recipe  :lol:  

Thought I would share this with yall for I need as many prayers as possible. It looks like I will be entering one of the hardest times of my life up to know with the news that my mother has a large mass on her uterus connecting to here rectum. They do not know if it is cancer or not but she is a breast cancer survivor. This is very difficult thinking that there is a real possibility that I will lose my mother and that my kids will not grow up the Mammow. Trying to keep a positive attitude and just do lots of praying. Thank you all for the kind words ahead of time and God bless you all!

Just saw this...so sorry to hear. You've been around for a while and seem like a good person and I've enjoyed our time here. It seems so unfair to have anyone close to us to have to go through these types of things. Just remember God is here and is there with you and your family. His will is sometimes hard to accept but he gives comfort and understanding for all. Be strong and keep your faith! I will say prayers for you and your family!

I've been out most of the day but really hated to read this.  I hope everything works out and stay positive!  Prayers sent your way.

Thank you for the kind words and the prayers!

Just saw this...so sorry to hear. You've been around for a while and seem like a good person and I've enjoyed our time here. It seems so unfair to have anyone close to us to have to go through these types of things. Just remember God is here and is there with you and your family. His will is sometimes hard to accept but he gives comfort and understanding for all. Be strong and keep your faith! I will say prayers for you and your family!

Very well put. I keep telling my family whatever Gods will is we will get through this and no matter what something positive will come from this. Thank you for the kind words and the prayers. Right know my mom is thinking about getting a second opinion which I think is a good choice. Again thank you all for the blessings and prayers.

Archived