amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is direct TV getting rid of TWC? Pretty silly. The average person doesn't go online to check weather.

Just saw that! That is a stupid move on their part! Direct is always dropping good channels and bringing up dumb channels that nobody watches.! I am a direct subscriber , and a few weeks back, they removed espn from our pkg, along with a few more. They replaced these with E! And syfy!??? If they take TWC, I will go back to cable!

Just saw that! That is a stupid move on their part! Direct is always dropping good channels and bringing up dumb channels that nobody watches.! I am a direct subscriber , and a few weeks back, they removed espn from our pkg, along with a few more. They replaced these with E! And syfy!??? If they take TWC, I will go back to cable!

I heard they just added Weather Nation one channel away in Dec. How is that channel?

Why is direct TV getting rid of TWC? Pretty silly. The average person doesn't go online to check weather.

It's not a done deal as of yet.  They are still negotiating.  This kind of thing goes on all the time.

The Weather Channel said that starting Saturday it would ask its DirecTV viewers to call their congressmen and senators and "ask them to help keep this critical public safety resource in the DirecTV lineup." The network added that "given the increasing frequency and severity of weather-related emergencies across the country, access to timely and accurate weather information is imperative for public safety and, therefore, an issue meriting congressional attention."

The two sides are divided over financial terms, people familiar with the matter said. The Weather Channel, which is increasing its spending on weather-related programming and recently hired "Good Morning America" weatherman Sam Champion to host a new morning show, is looking to boost the fees it gets from pay-TV distributors.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-weather-channel-directv-20140111,0,4150324.story#ixzz2q75oabnP

I think I'll name this, winter storm Shakedown.

Who watches twc. Only thing good on there are the stories definitely not forecasts. I love direct TV. My mom has cable and they dropping channels left and right. Then they constantly fighting over other networks and threatening to cancel more channels.

200 million people. 20 million with direct TV. We are talking about the average person, not weather lovers geeks, or whatever.

Who watches twc. Only thing good on there are the stories definitely not forecasts. I love direct TV. My mom has cable and they dropping channels left and right. Then they constantly fighting over other networks and threatening to cancel more channels.

I watch TWC just for the live snow coverage mostly. That's the only way I get to see snow anymore! :(

Have watched it for a few minutes, but it leaves a lot to be desired. I know it's relatively new, but to even catch up to the early weather channel, it has a long , long way to go! Just my opinion

Your key word may be "early" as in early TWC. I hear so much complaining here about TWC no longer having the constant live wx coverage and instead including all of the prerecorded stuff. I happen to agree that it is far from it was in the 80's and 90's. I haven't seen WeatherNation. However, if it provides mostly live wx coverage, I might very well prefer it today. Does it do that?

200 million people. 20 million with direct TV. We are talking about the average person, not weather lovers geeks, or whatever.

If we were talking about, say, 5-10 years ago, I'd largely agree. However, my friends and family members, who are mostly not wx geeks, have started (well, for the last 5+ years) to get a lot of their wx info from the internet, including weather.com. Cell phones provide a lot these days.

Edit: TWC trying to get the govt. to get involved? That sounds really silly, inappropriate, and arrogant to me, especially from a channel that doesn't have the constant wx coverage it once had.

Your key word may be "early" as in early TWC. I hear so much complaining here about TWC no longer having the constant live wx coverage and instead including all of the prerecorded stuff. I happen to agree that it is far from it was in the 80's and 90's. I haven't seen WeatherNation. However, if it provides mostly live wx coverage, I might very well prefer it today. Does it do that?

Yeah it's pretty much live weather , current radar , and a few webcam shots, all the time. Just watched for a minute and it showed a CAE webcam and stated: watching for severe. , then a Cary, NC webcam/ live shot stating the same severe approaching. Seems good, may give it more of a chance. They also show all the watches nationwide over their radar and some cool maps and the drought monitor during what looks like their local forecast . Def worth checking out, I may not miss TWC after all

Yeah it's pretty much live weather , current radar , and a few webcam shots, all the time. Just watched for a minute and it showed a CAE webcam and stated: watching for severe. , then a Cary, NC webcam/ live shot stating the same severe approaching. Seems good, may give it more of a chance. They also show all the watches nationwide over their radar and some cool maps and the drought monitor during what looks like their local forecast . Def worth checking out, I may not miss TWC after all

I like it... and agree does take getting use too. But Id rather watch WN instead of TWC now. Which it does have a long long way to go to meet early TWC looks but they talk weather. Sometime imo there is too much joking playing around on TWC and TWC has came along way since thier early days. Now TWC has become or is trying to become like an all around news station like MSNBC.

For all the jb haters and those that want to see today's video its free on fb

I guess you may be talking to me among others lol. ;) Actually, I don't think I'm a "hater" just because I said I think he's biased toward cold, snow, and extremes of all kinds. I still think he is talented and very knowledgeable. I like how he looks at history, which he knows very well, for analogs. Now, if he would look for analogs for nonextreme wx sometimes, I would probably let up on criticizing him for being biased. By the way, he was pushing for a repeat of Feb. of 1899 in Feb. of 2001. He kept referring to the ghost of Feb. 1899. Well, it never came close.

Anyway, do you have a link? I went there and didn't find it. I'm not a member of FB.

i dont quite understand....i was told by a moderator that there are NO JB haters here and he NEVER gets bashed here........

Really? Please show me where this was said.....evidently you didn't like my suggestion so you might not like the outcome of your choices

:jerry:

when i made a GENERAL comment about folks bashing JB....it was the MOD that told me  it could only apply to  2 folks.......and demanded i name them......

in the most recent post this same mod made a thinly VEILED threat about me not liking the outcome of my choices.

i choose to post within the rules, how could that bring me any harm.......

and the previous comment about poking a hornets nest and getting stung speaks to the mentality of some, i am not here to sting nor be stung......the is a MESSAGE board about weather...i know NONE of you on a personal level and have no intent to harm or bother anyone here.

when i made a GENERAL comment about folks bashing JB....it was the MOD that told me  it could only apply to  2 folks.......and demanded i name them......

in the most recent post this same mod made a thinly VEILED threat about me not liking the outcome of my choices.

and the previous comment about poking a hornets nest and getting stung speaks to the mentality of some, i am not here to sting nor be stung......the is a MESSAGE board about weather...i know NONE of you on a personal level and have no intent to harm or bother anyone here.

It wasn't thinly VEILED......you now have one warning....please continue....I can guarantee you won't like the outcome  

Man, you are a real piece of work.  Get over yourself or leave here and sign up at a narcissist board. 

Archived