northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I miss tracking winter storms.  I'd even take a fantasy storm right now...

I'm with you.  It's like all we have to track now is potential fantasy patterns instead of fantasy storms.  I haven't seen a good fantasy storm in a long time.  Of course the Euro is on an island with the Wednesday and the Friday/Saturday thing...not really a fantasy storm, per se, but will probably turn out to be a fantasy snow event nonetheless.  The Euro is now a toned down version of the old GFS in that regard.

I'm with you.  It's like all we have to track now is potential fantasy patterns instead of fantasy storms.  I haven't seen a good fantasy storm in a long time.  Of course the Euro is on an island with the Wednesday and the Friday/Saturday thing...not really a fantasy storm, per se, but will probably turn out to be a fantasy snow event nonetheless.  The Euro is now a toned down version of the old GFS in that regard.

Ha, yeah, new term..."fantasy pattern".   At least we have those to track I guess.  Nothing like examining the 300 hr GFS 500 anomoly maps for red colors over greenland every 6 hours!! :lmao:

Ha, yeah, new term..."fantasy pattern".   At least we have those to track I guess.  Nothing like examining the 300 hr GFS 500 anomoly maps for red colors over greenland every 6 hours!! :lmao:

Haha true!  The fantasy Greenland Block chase of 2014.  So far, it's been just like a snipe hunt. :D

That's my entire point! Cold is step one. Step two, you cut a hole in the box, of course. 

And that's the way you do it.

I've seen that video and I'd rather not have it given as a present   :P    

I can't see myself even trying to get excited over a clipper, even if it's on steroids, because imby it never works out. For those just to my north and west it's a different story and I wish you all a TON of luck/moisture as these roll threw :hug:

It's usually not so dandy up here either. Moisture transfer comes to mind immediately. The area between Clinton and Newberry can sometimes benefit, but north and west of I-85 is usually a no clipper zone.

Although that LS trough did surprise me last year :)

And that's the way you do it.

It's usually not so dandy up here either. Moisture transfer comes to mind immediately. The area between Clinton and Newberry can sometimes benefit, but north and west of I-85 is usually a no clipper zone.

Although that LS trough did surprise me last year :)

True  :lol:  

I'm pulling for you though ;)   I would definitely head to my daughters house for the chance of playing in an inch of snow. 

Yes......I know how sad that sounds  :(   

weird to me how some get confused / mad at model interpretations...why not just go take a look yourself and make your own judgement?

[/quote

You are right but you don't really even need to do that. Just read ALL of what people post and you will understand the context of what is being discussed. I have a low post count for my time on here. There is a reason for that.

Definitely in a snow drought here.... No snow since January 2011... I had to drive to Greenville last year to see snow.  I left my house exit 27 in Anderson, SC with it 50 degrees and hit snow and 35  at exit 35 (Piedmont) the more I drove the more snow we saw.  I will drive to see snow if I have to also.

For you looking for the fantasy storm to track(or just see), the 12 GFS did have a great look at hour 300. Not a whole lot of precip but definitly a storm off the coast with real cold temps. Would love to see that setup at day 7 or less. Overall it is good to see these fantasy images, not to beleive the storm will actually materilize but to provide some confidence in the pattern that can produce storms.

Archived