EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A trans Pacific fight on the upper deck of a lightly sold 747 flight is one of the few super relaxing experiences left in the world.

I just hope United keeps the direct from IAD to Honolulu...so much more civil than passing thru LAX.

Yea, I prefer the direct flights to HNL from the east coast. We flew Delta last year to Hawaii IAD-ATL-HNL - so much better than a west coast connection since DL flies the A330-300 from ATL. They're upgrading their Business class seats on that plane - looking forward to trying out lie-flat seats next time.

Yes, there have been many rumors floating around that it will either move to JFK or be canceled completely because of the old TWA fiasco and American not being able to fly there. I hope they keep it i fly that route at least 5 or 6 times a year and if i had to go to NY that would suck.

I havent heard of any talk about shutting it down. I dont think it would be likely, it seems like it is a strong route for US out of PHL and competition for AA out of JFK and UA out of EWR. There arent any flights to TLV between PHL and ATL non stop, just those three and I believe DL has one out of ATL. But that is it on the East coast with a non stop

Yea, I prefer the direct flights to HNL from the east coast. We flew Delta last year to Hawaii IAD-ATL-HNL - so much better than a west coast connection since DL flies the A330-300 from ATL. They're upgrading their Business class seats on that plane - looking forward to trying out lie-flat seats next time.

Yep, DL is replacing a lot of their seats on their 757's as well. We flew DL from HNL to LAX last June and it was a great trip. My first flight on DL actually and was pleased.

B6 and AA have their A321 out of JFK to LAX now with new flat bed seats as well. JetBlues first venture outside their normal A320 and Emb 190 birds.

I havent heard of any talk about shutting it down. I dont think it would be likely, it seems like it is a strong route for US out of PHL and competition for AA out of JFK and UA out of EWR. There arent any flights to TLV between PHL and ATL non stop, just those three and I believe DL has one out of ATL. But that is it on the East coast with a non stop

I have spoken to US Air people and they have told me that the PHL-TLV route is their most profitable route in their entire network. DL stopped their ATL-TLV non stop a few years back. The only non stops on the east coast now are from PHL, EWR and JFK. If they stop or move that flight i would cry.

Yep, DL is replacing a lot of their seats on their 757's as well. We flew DL from HNL to LAX last June and it was a great trip. My first flight on DL actually and was pleased.

B6 and AA have their A321 out of JFK to LAX now with new flat bed seats as well. JetBlues first venture outside their normal A320 and Emb 190 birds.

My brother just flew the new A321 JFK-LAX in First and he said it was great. There is an amazing write up on FT by SFO777 on the new product.

I have spoken to US Air people and they have told me that the PHL-TLV route is their most profitable route in their entire network. DL stopped their ATL-TLV non stop a few years back. The only non stops on the east coast now are from PHL, EWR and JFK. If they stop or move that flight i would cry.

You mean US Airways :P  It could be, it will be interesting to see what happens in the Asia market now with the merger. It could be a gold moneymaking routes over there.   Well dont be surprised if it does get moved one day, anything is possible in this biz, I think it is why I love it so much, always something going on :)

My brother just flew the new A321 JFK-LAX in First and he said it was great. There is an amazing write up on FT by SFO777 on the new product.

Nice. Im sure it is pretty sweet. I have read nothing but amazing reviews on it.

For you frequent flyers to certain destinations in the US and fly out of DCA or LGA, changes are a coming and this is just the beginning

AA announces merger route shake-up at N.Y., D.C. airports

Ben Mutzabaugh, USA TODAY 4:48 p.m. EST January 15, 2014
1389819945000-AP-American-Airlines-US-Ai

(Photo: LM Otero, AP)

The "new" American announced 17 nonstop routes it says it must drop from Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA) as a result of its settlement with the Justice Department. The company also announced a route shake-up at New York LaGuardia, another airport where its flight rights were affected by the Justice deal.

As a condition for approving their airlines' merger, Justice required American and US Airways to give up the rights for 52 daily round-trip flights at DCA, where the combined carrier will by far be the airport's dominant airline. The new American also had to give up the rights to 17 daily round-trip flights at LaGuardia (LGA).

At Washington, the cities losing nonstop American Airlines service to DCA are: Augusta, Ga.; Detroit; Fayetteville, N.C.; Fort Walton Beach, Fla.; Islip, N.Y.; Jacksonville, N.C.; Little Rock; Minneapolis/St. Paul; Montreal; Myrtle Beach, S.C.; Nassau, Bahamas; Omaha; Pensacola, Fla.; San Diego; Savannah, Ga.; Tallahassee; and Wilmington, N.C.

The cities that will get nonstop AA service to LaGuardia are: Charlottesville, Va.; Dayton, Ohio; Greensboro, N.C.; Knoxville; Little Rock; Louisville, Ky.; Norfolk; Richmond, Va.; Roanoke, Va.; and Wilmington, N.C.

American says customers can begin booking tickets for those routes starting Jan. 26 for travel beginning April 1.

They (or maybe it was Delta) just announced like Christmas time that LGA/ROA was going away..... :unsure:

You mean US Airways :P  It could be, it will be interesting to see what happens in the Asia market now with the merger. It could be a gold moneymaking routes over there.   Well dont be surprised if it does get moved one day, anything is possible in this biz, I think it is why I love it so much, always something going on :)

Nice. Im sure it is pretty sweet. I have read nothing but amazing reviews on it.

There was actually a seat available in first yesterday on the A321 for the discounted award mileage of 32.5k and i almost took it so i could fly the plane but it was to much trouble to go BWI-JFK-LAX  and LAX-BWI just to try the product out. Oh well i guess i will have to wait until i actually have to go for business.

Can't even maintain the bus well enough between events ...more or less a plane.

The tires are flat and dry rotted.

The body has withered and rusted.

The wipers are stuck to the windshield... and the battery is dead.

Took this pic of my seatback screen on a 380 flight to Paris last year. Cool view from the tail camera. Unique experience flying in that bird. Takeoff unlike anything else...you just kind of rumble down the tarmac until you gently lift up.

I took an A346 from South Africa and back and had the same experience. Taking off from Johanasburg is wierd because it's at 6000ft and it takes a full minute of roll just to get to V1 for that altitude. Runway there is 14,495 ft and we used a good 3/4 of it!

Richmond getting snow is worse than Parkton getting snow when I don't get snow.  No pretend congrats from me. I hope it has all melted already. 

I know you're being sarcastic, but I don't get the need to congratulate people on their snow. Snow is an IMBY thing. No need to be fake and pretend that you're happy for someone else.

I know you're being sarcastic, but I don't get the need to congratulate people on their snow. Snow is an IMBY thing. No need to be fake and pretend that you're happy for someone else.

Yes, snow is an IMBY sport. If my BY does poorly the event goes into the "sucked" column no matter what. 

Archived