• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Banter Thread

H2O

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm giddy over a cartopper or 1".  I'm not.  Would I take it?  Of course.   That's ok in late November or December, but continuous?        I'm also not going to sit here and say I'm only gunning for 6" of snow or more.   I like winter just like the next guy here...but an inch or less ain't doing it.  Sorry.  2 to 4 is ideal.  4 or more is giddy.   12 or more is doing the snake across the floor giddy (look it up).  

I dont mind a 1-3 inch...I really don't but when its our only type of snowstorm that we have gotten since 2011.....Im tired of dry....I aint Marc_ _

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For you frequent flyers to certain destinations in the US and fly out of DCA or LGA, changes are a coming and this is just the beginning

AA announces merger route shake-up at N.Y., D.C. airports

Ben Mutzabaugh, USA TODAY 4:48 p.m. EST January 15, 2014
1389819945000-AP-American-Airlines-US-Ai

(Photo: LM Otero, AP)

The "new" American announced 17 nonstop routes it says it must drop from Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA) as a result of its settlement with the Justice Department. The company also announced a route shake-up at New York LaGuardia, another airport where its flight rights were affected by the Justice deal.

As a condition for approving their airlines' merger, Justice required American and US Airways to give up the rights for 52 daily round-trip flights at DCA, where the combined carrier will by far be the airport's dominant airline. The new American also had to give up the rights to 17 daily round-trip flights at LaGuardia (LGA).

At Washington, the cities losing nonstop American Airlines service to DCA are: Augusta, Ga.; Detroit; Fayetteville, N.C.; Fort Walton Beach, Fla.; Islip, N.Y.; Jacksonville, N.C.; Little Rock; Minneapolis/St. Paul; Montreal; Myrtle Beach, S.C.; Nassau, Bahamas; Omaha; Pensacola, Fla.; San Diego; Savannah, Ga.; Tallahassee; and Wilmington, N.C.

The cities that will get nonstop AA service to LaGuardia are: Charlottesville, Va.; Dayton, Ohio; Greensboro, N.C.; Knoxville; Little Rock; Louisville, Ky.; Norfolk; Richmond, Va.; Roanoke, Va.; and Wilmington, N.C.

American says customers can begin booking tickets for those routes starting Jan. 26 for travel beginning April 1.

I'm excited to see which airlines win the new slots at DCA. Any word?

I dont have the final word, but it is going to be SWA, B6 and VX most likely. DL wants them but likely wont get anymore. It is going to be a pain in the arse with all the changes. No way 52 slots can operate on top of what they have already out of the old Term A and its 9 gates. Should find out in the next 2 days

I dont have the final word, but it is going to be SWA, B6 and VX most likely. DL wants them but likely wont get anymore. It is going to be a pain in the arse with all the changes. No way 52 slots can operate on top of what they have already out of the old Term A and its 9 gates. Should find out in the next 2 days

Very cool, thanks! I was hoping DL would get some but I'd be very happy if VX and JetBlue expanded their presence there.

Terminal A is the worst - though it's good they are making some renos now. They probably just need to gut it and build it over.

Very cool, thanks! I was hoping DL would get some but I'd be very happy if VX and JetBlue expanded their presence there.

Terminal A is the worst - though it's good they are making some renos now. They probably just need to gut it and build it over.

No problem Nj. DL wants them but it isnt going to happen, they would then have the majority and the "discount" airlines will get them most likely. If VX gets one, they would use it to LAX to compliment their SFO route.

But if jetblue gets more, which they have 16 already borrowed from AA which will be theirs permenately it would be almost a microhub for them. SWA I have a feeling is going to get a large chunk from what I am hearing thru rumors in the trade. We will find out soon enough though.

It is going to hurt IAD big time wrt domestic airfares big time though. IAD is already losing large numbers of domestic pax due to their landing fees, and all they are focused on is now Intl travel. Two more airlines will be bringing in thr A 380 later this year in addition to Air France. But also freight is where the money is on these Intl carriers. they can make a ton of money on freight.

Yeah Term A is old but the new renos are nice and they are building a new entrance for security in A to the gates as well. So the one that is there now will be only for exiting Term A and the new one will be much wider, more lanes and faster thru security. They will also remodel the exiting hallway that is there now.

Also Bens Chili Bowl, Legal Seafoods and Luvnberry will be opening up in DCA National Hall by mid april or so. And Mayorga Coffee in the far end of Term C will become a starbucks there this year

No problem Nj. DL wants them but it isnt going to happen, they would then have the majority and the "discount" airlines will get them most likely. If VX gets one, they would use it to LAX to compliment their SFO route.

But if jetblue gets more, which they have 16 already borrowed from AA which will be theirs permenately it would be almost a microhub for them. SWA I have a feeling is going to get a large chunk from what I am hearing thru rumors in the trade. We will find out soon enough though.

It is going to hurt IAD big time wrt domestic airfares big time though. IAD is already losing large numbers of domestic pax due to their landing fees, and all they are focused on is now Intl travel. Two more airlines will be bringing in thr A 380 later this year in addition to Air France. But also freight is where the money is on these Intl carriers. they can make a ton of money on freight.

Yea my money is on the discount carriers as well. IRT to Dulles, once United and Continental merged, it was another nail in IADs domestic coffin (look at Cincy and Memphis after DL/NW) since EWR is a huge hub for United now. Good to know about A380. I flew AF on the 380 last year which was pretty cool. I still love the 747 - such a classic.

Yea my money is on the discount carriers as well. IRT to Dulles, once United and Continental merged, it was another nail in IADs domestic coffin (look at Cincy and Memphis after DL/NW) since EWR is a huge hub for United now. Good to know about A380. I flew AF on the 380 last year which was pretty cool. I still love the 747 - such a classic.

Nice, you got to fly on the A380. It is such a large bird. I got a tour of the inside it last year, from the flght deck to the pilots bedroom and flight crew bunks and everything in between. It is amazing.

Yeah pretty much and also when B6 pulled out of there and moved to DCA it just crushed IAD domestic numbers with them leaving. UA is such a terrible airlines these days, I miss the old CO days out of EWR :)

Yeah once in a while BA will bring the 747 over but mainly in the summer with heavier loads

Nice, you got to fly on the A380. It is such a large bird. I got a tour of the inside it last year, from the flght deck to the pilots bedroom and flight crew bunks and everything in between. It is amazing.

Yeah pretty much and also when B6 pulled out of there and moved to DCA it just crushed IAD domestic numbers with them leaving. UA is such a terrible airlines these days, I miss the old CO days out of EWR :)

Yeah once in a while BA will bring the 747 over but mainly in the summer with heavier loads

Took the new 747-8i from Germany last year.. wasn't impressed.. struck by lightning over PA and the AC vents started leaking

Took this pic of my seatback screen on a 380 flight to Paris last year. Cool view from the tail camera. Unique experience flying in that bird. Takeoff unlike anything else...you just kind of rumble down the tarmac until you gently lift up.

post-506-0-37190300-1389838953_thumb.jpg

Took this pic of my seatback screen on a 380 flight to Paris last year. Cool view from the tail camera. Unique experience flying in that bird. Takeoff unlike anything else...you just kind of rumble down the tarmac until you gently lift up.]

Yea the various views from the seat back screens were really cool. I liked the camera view of the ground.

Took the new 747-8i from Germany last year.. wasn't impressed.. struck by lightning over PA and the AC vents started leaking

Yea i flew it as well no great shakes even in business class. Now though the Lufthansa 747-400 in First class with the full bed next to the regular seat is the sweetest first outside of Emirates.

A trans Pacific fight on the upper deck of a lightly sold 747 flight is one of the few super relaxing experiences left in the world.

I just hope United keeps the direct from IAD to Honolulu...so much more civil than passing thru LAX.

Really? Interesting, I have heard nothing about good things about the 747-8. sucks you had a bad experience on that.

Took this pic of my seatback screen on a 380 flight to Paris last year. Cool view from the tail camera. Unique experience flying in that bird. Takeoff unlike anything else...you just kind of rumble down the tarmac until you gently lift up.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice. Im jelly. Yeah nowadays the big birds have the different cam angles. Turkish Air has one camera that shows below the plane, the back and in front outside too. I would love to see the camera view showing below you.

A trans Pacific fight on the upper deck of a lightly sold 747 flight is one of the few super relaxing experiences left in the world.

I just hope United keeps the direct from IAD to Honolulu...so much more civil than passing thru LAX.

That will be back for seasonal times. That is a strong route for UA out of IAD. I still prefer to go to LAX on Virgin America and spend the day or even the night in LA then fly out the next morning to HNL. Breaks it up somewhat for me. Love Virgin America, what a great airlines and experience it is. 

Have you been on the 787 (Dreamliner) yet?

On what US Airways?

Yes, there have been many rumors floating around that it will either move to JFK or be canceled completely because of the old TWA fiasco and American not being able to fly there. I hope they keep it i fly that route at least 5 or 6 times a year and if i had to go to NY that would suck.

Archived