• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January Banter Thread

H2O

so we have had a really cold january...historic air mass and nobody in the east has snow?

The last of mine just melted yesterday. The mean temp this month at Martinsburg has been running below Anchorage. I think they got cold yesterday, so it's about even now. It's been a good first half of winter way out here.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

noun

the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks:

there was much singing and good-natured banter

verb

[no object]

talk or exchange remarks in a good-humored teasing way:

the men bantered with the waitresses

(as adjective bantering)

a bantering tone

Origin:

late 17th century: of unknown origin

FWIW. I was not being serious. I always enjoy the thread.

So...I am feeling kinda bad. Mentioned a few times in the last month that my wife and I are taking a long weekend in Burlington, VT third week in February, and I have been really excited about being able to be in and around legit snow cover and maybe falling snow. Now, after a few mentions here yesterday, I got around to checking out the NNE thread and just realized they have also not had a warning criteria snowfall in Burlington this year, their snowfall is well below average, and they are about to lose or have already lost their snowcover.

Which makes me think that my snow jinx is a very real thing and a very useless superpower.

So...I am feeling kinda bad. Mentioned a few times in the last month that my wife and I are taking a long weekend in Burlington, VT third week in February, and I have been really excited about being able to be in and around legit snow cover and maybe falling snow. Now, after a few mentions here yesterday, I got around to checking out the NNE thread and just realized they have also not had a warning criteria snowfall in Burlington this year, their snowfall is well below average, and they are about to lose or have already lost their snowcover.

Which makes me think that my snow jinx is a very real thing and a very useless superpower.

We will sacrifice a bucket of chicken to appease Jobu and break the curse

And the sports club

I started this fantasy sports thing so I am not really invested except in some individual players. But I guess I understand the passion involved. I am from the Philadelphia area, so I get excited sometimes myself. But Philly teams choke most of the when they get close. So I am in therapy to distance myself.

Archived