• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January Banter Thread

H2O

Indeed. Very excited to have it back (and I say that as one who has read all the books...but the show stands on its own brilliantly).

Agreed. Ive read all the books too, damn good books. Show is fantastic too (when you can separate the two without getting angry)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to give them a bit of a pass on some of the changes, lets it be its own work of art that way. And, so far, they haven't strayed so far that it has interefered with my enjoyment.

The books are long and very elaborate with all the different tangents and plot lines.  It is easy to understand why they sometimes need to change things a bit from the book because it just can't all be crammed into 12 shows per season

I tend to give them a bit of a pass on some of the changes, lets it be its own work of art that way. And, so far, they haven't strayed so far that it has interefered with my enjoyment.

The books are long and very elaborate with all the different tangents and plot lines.  It is easy to understand why they sometimes need to change things a bit from the book because it just can't all be crammed into 12 shows per season

No disagreement from me. Some people get hung up on every change, I am not one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No disagreement from me. Some people get hung up on every change, I am not one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing that bothered me last season was making Robb Starks wife preggo.  I knew what was going to happen so adding that just made it more cringe worthy.

Other than that it is all ok with me wrt slight changes

Only thing that bothered me last season was making Robb Starks wife preggo.  I knew what was going to happen so adding that just made it more cringe worthy.

Other than that it is all ok with me wrt slight changes

Preggo AND having her suggest the baby be named Eddard before dying

Preggo AND having her suggest the baby be named Eddard before dying

Yup, double gut punch (as it were).

H20, that was one change that puzzled me, as in the books having his betrohed be from one of the houses (just not the Freys, sadly) adds/added to the intrigue there. I guess her story in the books is headed for a dead end...

Yup, double gut punch (as it were).

H20, that was one change that puzzled me, as in the books having his betrohed be from one of the houses (just not the Freys, sadly) adds/added to the intrigue there. I guess her story in the books is headed for a dead end...

That's what most fans think. Otherwise it is doubtful that it would have been written that way in the show.

That's what most fans think. Otherwise it is doubtful that it would have been written that way in the show.

Yup, which was my main disappointment with that change in the TV show, it makes a part of what he has yet to write kinda meaningless (impacting the bookreaders).

Especially because RR has apparently (and I am glad for this) provided the showrunners on outline on where the story will end up so they don't muck with anything crucial...

Yup, which was my main disappointment with that change in the TV show, it makes a part of what he has yet to write kinda meaningless (impacting the bookreaders).

Especially because RR has apparently (and I am glad for this) provided the showrunners on outline on where the story will end up so they don't muck with anything crucial...

meh, in the scheme of plots that are intertwined in the world of RR -- is Robb's wife that crucial to it? She wasn't pregnant with his child, her family has begged forgiveness to the Lannisters and have been forgiven, I don't see where it could go now.

Again, not devastated over the change, and you are right, in the big scheme, no big deal. But it does foreclose anything coming of that arc, which is maybe a good thing, because he has so many arcs going at the moment its hard to keep track of them all.

agreed. Lets focus on Arya instead!

yeah, I saw that graph which is why I mentioned it

when and why did you leave Towson Univ?

I recall you were on the football team and then got injured; I'm sure you know they made the final in the Division and got crushed but had a great season (apparently)

Archived