• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

How a winter feels to area depends on snow, sure, but also on other factors. 76/77 was below average snow totals, but we did score a couple of moderate snows in January (like 3-4" type totals), had an amazingly cold month, and experienced an ice storm or two on top of it all. That was winter. 

1/85 was a wintry month with a good snowstorm, freezing rain, and an extreme cold wave, so that winter was acceptable even though the snow total wasn't good. 

This winter so far has already had more than one non-negligible impact event... if we verify the cold through the next stretch and somehow manage to gather 6" across multiple events at DCA, this winter will be seen as ok. 

In terms of how much I have burned in my pellet stove, then this year is on par with 2003. I'm over 1.5 tons so far and just picked up another ton. If February proves to be a cold month, then I will burn around 2.5 - 3 tons. The last several years have been closer to 2 tons.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhm, Ian, what's up with all! the! exclamation! marks! in your article? :P

Almost every snow article I write is about how it never snows and it may never snow again. I guess I was excited. ;)

edit: went back and counted. there's not even all that many!!

Good and bad news with that post. Considering you only need 1.3", that should be a piece of cake. However, shows how low expectations are in this area. 

Well I've gotten more snow this winter living in Parkton then I've gotten in the last three years living in Odenton and Cockeysville. So that alone is awesome to me.

But, keeping expectations low means there is less chance for disappointment ;)

No clue what you're talking about.

That's what all rich people say.

I've tried donating but the transactions never go through, so maybe rr isn't joking??

I have been trying for over a week to give more money and i posted numerous times in the thread but since Wow said he fixed it and it did not work he has been ignoring me. It keeps giving me an error saying that i have that package already so i cant buy it. I have tried everything and no go. I can only try so hard to give money before i give up.

I have been trying for over a week to give more money and i posted numerous times in the thread but since Wow said he fixed it and it did not work he has been ignoring me. It keeps giving me an error saying that i have that package already so i cant buy it. I have tried everything and no go. I can only try so hard to give money before i give up.

I'll get him

Anyway...it's fairly cold this evening. 24F

Frost was setting in at about 6:30 p.m.

I noticed it on my windshield and later when I walked the dog in the "pasture".

The grass had a very distinctive frosty feeling as a walked through it.

I love tracking a storm several days out but it's just so frustrating and mostly fruitless with way too many ups and downs. I'm even doubting this coming cold honestly...I bet 50s start showing up when teens have been expected. Anyway surprise attacks are still the best

Archived