joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive extended this invite to Ian numerous times, but the next time there is a good chance for snow, you two need to rent a zip car and come visit. Seriously, i'll supply the booze and food, and we just enjoy a nice snow

You gotta get a bigger storm to trick me to visiting bumblef'kville

I write, brother and sisters of weather zealotry, to express profound concern over the state of the banter in the banter thread. It is with a heavy heart that I must draw a line in the sand - if the banter does not improve to meet the exacting standards I alone set for it in my own head, I must forego a gold star in future years. Yea verily, as goes banter, so goes our snow chances. To sum up, "woo storms?" and "southern vort pass" forever, banter that doesn't meet my standards, never.

Tracker is awesome. Bro-hugs. 

((((Hugs)))) all around, even to the people who'll be mad at me because of that post.

I'm usually with Leesburg though in not wanting to see or hear the constant moaning about a bad streatch, so I should have thrown myself in with that.   But lately, I've been on the other side....but I think I whine with style.

There is a problem here.  That is why I have not renewed my donation.  The talk here gets way too sleazy, whiny and off topic at times.  I don't want to read f***** this and a**** that.  I don't care about somebody's football interest. 

I like fun and good jokes.  That's not the problem.  I come to read and learn about weather.  There are plenty of areas to post the other stuff.  Yes, if this board wants to continue to be taken seriously then the moderation needs to tighten up.

What exactly is "f***** this"?  I've been running the letter combo simulator, and I can't come up with anything valid or grammatically correct.

Jesus dude...I hardly ever post, I generally try to post stuff that isn't fluffy or off topic, and I really enjoy reading this board - both for the substantive and instructive meteorological forecasting discussions, and for the humor and joking around. With all the nonsense and joking around that gets posted on here (no small part of which is contributed by you and friends of yours *cough* Ji *cough*), you choose MY post to make an example of? LOL

Yep

((((Hugs)))) all around, even to the people who'll be mad at me because of that post.

I'm usually with Leesburg though in not wanting to see or hear the constant moaning about a bad streatch, so I should have thrown myself in with that.   But lately, I've been on the other side....but I think I whine with style.

I never whine (other than hopefully well written jokes) because it's futile. We suck at snow. Endless data going back many decades show that we are a hit and miss area YoY. It is what it is. Incessantly complaining about something that is normal is abnormal.

Jesus dude...I hardly ever post, I generally try to post stuff that isn't fluffy or off topic, and I really enjoy reading this board - both for the substantive and instructive meteorological forecasting discussions, and for the humor and joking around. With all the nonsense and joking around that gets posted on here (no small part of which is contributed by you and friends of yours *cough* Ji *cough*), you choose MY post to make an example of? LOL

Yep

I'm about to have everyone mad at me

Everybody needs to chill.  We got people complaining about the mid atlantic superfriends/clique crap because of a post that actually wasn't even deleted..then leesburg and some others  are ultra sensitive because a less than optimistic word was said about a crappy model run...and then people threatening to take their ball (donation) and run home because of banter in banter thread (and yeah, some in the model threads because there's not a thing going on.   When there's actually weather approaching, we get pretty tight in the non banter threads...so much so that we get a new round of bitching about us being too strict in them).   Stop it.  Right now!   

Everyone is whining because we need snow.   Chill out.   Now everyone can united around hating me :D    You're welcome.  I do what I can.   And remember, I love all of yall.

WELL!!!

I posted my complaint in the banter thread because I didn't want this off topic stuff posted in the serious threads. I think Ian is a great asset to the board and don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

My response was just in banter thread lingo.

There are some who take this all way to seriously. It's a msg board where we talk about snow to the tenth of an inch because that's how much we get every winter. If we didn't have some fun this place would really suck.

Those who want Gestapo regulation should start their own crappy board while this one keeps succeeding on what it did from the start.

Ive extended this invite to Ian numerous times, but the next time there is a good chance for snow, you two need to rent a zip car and come visit. Seriously, i'll supply the booze and food, and we just enjoy a nice snow

Don't think I won't crash a party...

There are some who take this all way to seriously. It's a msg board where we talk about snow to the tenth of an inch because that's how much we get every winter. If we didn't have some fun this place would really suck.

Those who want Gestapo regulation should start their own crappy board while this one keeps succeeding on what it did from the start.

can you imagine your first week in DC, you saw a 12 inch snowstorm? You probably thought we were a snowy town

Boom.  High Five.

Archived