Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Big Snow Threat Disco Jan2/3

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather see spring start tonight, then another sw CT jackpot.

It would be more like SE MA the way this storm is oriented.

And regardless, it has like a half inch of QPF up to like Mt. Washington on the mean.  

I think people need to understand the model spread in this.

Its been a great start overall, that's for sure.  I'm not quite at 30 yet for the season, but unless we completely whiff on Thursday's, I should hit it (or come close).  Much of that is indeed gone, but I have managed to hold onto a few inches of snowcover following last week's "torch"/rain event.  I was just far enough north to avoid the temporary spike in temps that many in ENY had (I stayed in the 30's throughout).

This is true...the virga is kind of an 'academic point
' as they say because the first 5/6 hours of that event was fairly light snow anyway.  My final was 13"  Wit last night's 3.5" I'm now at 31.6" for the season. Too bad 90% of that went down the gutter...

You guys need to hold off on the toaster baths. 4 days out....the same ish happened in Feb and in 2011. Just hold off. Jeez.

Yep...but good luck getting a large number of weenies congregated in one forum to not obsess over every shift. :lol:

It's going to snow. I think people should wait until we are inside of 60 hours to entertain the jackpot fetish.

Meh, wouldn't shock me if this thing just ends up not happening, though... maybe some exit fan-fare in the MA with a flat wave.   

The problem is/was/and remains that there is too much ridging in the SW Atlantic basin, and that is causing too much compression against all these cold heights at 40N over eastern N/A.   

The one after this has a better initial condition for allowing S/W jet mechanics to get sufficiently far S, at a west enough point(s) to get things going.  'Course, the Euro goes over-board with it and can't be trusted, but in terms of general canvas that's a better period.  

There is another option, though.  NJ Model low, with a narrow, fast conduit of intensification and impact result.  If it all corrected toward that, that could work.  But I don't see a stem wound "EC" impact as being very well supported.   Unfortunately, there is no crystal ball and stranger things have happened.

Archived