• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Big Snow Threat Disco Jan2/3

Damage In Tolland

As the model shows Blizz, that is a triple phased monster with the PV dropping into the Ohio Valley...It will cut wherever the hell it wants to if that is the scenario at play LOL...Alas, that was obscenely extreme solution that isnt likely to verify

One of those runs where the Euro just goes ballistic and overamps the thing. We're in the timeframe where it's been doing that since the upgrade.

I'd be really surprised if any of the 51 Ens members show a solution like that

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought totals for that storm were fairly uniform across the area here for that storm.  Ultimately it didn't make too much difference in the end, at least up this way.  We still ended up with over a foot.  Those monster bands late in the evening helped make up for it. 

Yea the virga lasted longer in the HV than out here as I recall.

I think that one is gonna go inland, the NAO flips back to positive and that thing really amplifies early over the TN Valley

Going to be some furstrated weenies if this one transitions to 4" of fluff, then we see a monster cutter between epic arctic blasts.

I'll want to lead the charge to strangle Leon.

You're really doing everything in your power to wish this away from happening in SNE. At least try and veil it a little

How is telling James he should be excited wishing it away from SNE? I'm lost.

And did I not just tell you that I thought 4-8" looks reasonable for expectations to start and go up from there if it evolves bigger?

One of those runs where the Euro just goes ballistic and overamps the thing. We're in the timeframe where it's been doing that since the upgrade.

I'd be really surprised if any of the 51 Ens members show a solution like that

Yeah agreed. You might have like a 5% cluster that shows this out of the 51 ensembles, likely a huge outlier...Man was the entertaining to watch though

Your earlier posts about suppression and the Jersey shore etc. At the very least this is a solid warning level overrunning event. Noone in SNE is coming out of this with nothing

Ok sorry I had one post about suppression. I think most on here did too. And did I not just tell you 4-8" seemed like a reasonable starting point for you and go up from there if it evolves into something bigger?

Sorry dude, no wishing it away lol. If nature gave a sh*t what I thought or wanted too, Mount Mansfield would get more snow than Mount Rainier :lol:

This is true...the virga is kind of an 'academic point
' as they say because the first 5/6 hours of that event was fairly light snow anyway.  My final was 13"  Wit last night's 3.5" I'm now at 31.6" for the season. Too bad 90% of that went down the gutter...

I thought totals for that storm were fairly uniform across the area here for that storm.  Ultimately it didn't make too much difference in the end, at least up this way.  We still ended up with over a foot.  Those monster bands late in the evening helped make up for it. 

Not all cutters have to be as catastrophic though as the four day torch from hell we endured last time. Maybe it will have a decent front end and then ice, etc.

Going to be some furstrated weenies if this one transitions to 4" of fluff, then we see a monster cutter between epic arctic blasts.

I'll want to lead the charge to strangle Leon.

Archived