joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 29th System

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you define many? Still for you all north?

It might give you an inch or two at the end. But best chance for advisory snows in SNE is probably N of pike from Rays area to ORH county to S NH and Berks.

00z run last night had a bit more intense precip core which probably helped dynamically cool...this precip shield is a bit more expansive but less punch toward the middle....but we are really splitting hairs here....the two runs were pretty similar.

It might give you an inch or two at the end. But best chance for advisory snows in SNE is probably N of pike from Rays area to ORH county to S NH and Berks.

00z run last night had a bit more intense precip core which probably helped dynamically cool...this precip shield is a bit more expansive but less punch toward the middle....but we are really splitting hairs here....the two runs were pretty similar.

It essentially held its ground.....just such a sensitive scenaro.

I'd go 2-5" for now, and hedge up if necessary.

Never a good sign when the run analysis is kicked off with a post from Dendrite proclaiming that it looks good for his area. lol

Never a good sign when the run analysis is kicked off with a post from Dendrite proclaiming that it looks good for his area. lol

Hmm...I was thinking a brief switch to slushy flakes at 32-34F and a coating on colder surfaces.  A punt IMO.  Plenty of time for changes though.

RN --> SN scenarios almost never produce much of anything from my past experience.

I'll consider anything above an inch or two a win in this setup....considering 2-3 days ago that Sunday looked like a downslope dandy with highs near 50F. I'll take some rain with 2-3 inches of scenic paste to end it if that's what we settle on instead.

Basically anything in this is a bonus. Its a synoptically "ugly" look if that primary stays stronger....that is originally the feature that was going to give us a nice SW sfc flow for our downslope dandy before the southern stream got involved and threw a wrench in this forecast.

Hmm...I was thinking a brief switch to slushy flakes at 32-34F and a coating on colder surfaces.  A punt IMO.  Plenty of time for changes though.

RN --> SN scenarios almost never produce much of anything from my past experience.

They do when dynamically driven....I would be inclined to agree if this were a perfectly linear situation, but its not.

Its not as though we are just hoping for cold air to rush in before precip exits....those are when you start chasing pots at the end of rainbows.

In this instance, we are simply hoping for secondry cyclogenesis to alter the playing field a bit.

They do when dynamically driven....I would be inclined to agree if this were a perfectly linear situation, but its not.

Its not as though we are just hoping for cold air to rush in before precip exits....those are when you start chasing pots at the end of rainbows.

In this instance, we are simply hoping for secondry cyclogenesis to alter the playing field a bit.

Expectations are very low with this.  Anything is a bonus, like Will said.  Hopefully, we'll be able to get something once the Arctic unleashes.

Archived