12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 29th System

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty big sensible weather differences between the 18z GFS and NAM, lol.

What's 12-18" of snow between friends?  I looked at the soundings and the NAM is warm... 0C is almost up at like 800mb with +4C at the surface.  GFS is isothermal 0C to almost 800mb.

18z precip for ORH from the NAM:

18z precip for ORH from the GFS:

Pretty big sensible weather differences between the 18z GFS and NAM, lol.

What's 12-18" of snow between friends?  I looked at the soundings and the NAM is warm... 0C is almost up at like 800mb with +4C at the surface.  GFS is isothermal 0C to almost 800mb.

18z precip for ORH from the NAM:

attachicon.gifNAM.png

18z precip for ORH from the GFS:

attachicon.gifGFS.png

It's going to cool some (NAM).  I'm just not certain how much so.  But, the NAM has a NW QPF bias beyond 48 hours, and having the model also be warm would be thermodynamic/consistent with that.   Problem with bias' is that they are not always present.  NAM and GGEM appear to be warm outliers at the moment, though, and since both can be explained within the confines of their known bullcrap, that doesn't lend too well to confidence there.  

I just ...I can't tell you how many times I've seen these warm looks end up isothermal blue jobs. The low is going underneath us and the respective surfaces are also SE of PVD.  I don't care if it is +2C at 850, when the UVM cuts over top that, it will drill a hole in the bottom of the atm.   I just want to see that not happen first, ...if that makes no sense at all,... 

It's going to cool some (NAM).  I'm just not certain how much so.  But, the NAM has a NW QPF bias beyond 48 hours, and having the model also be warm would be thermodynamic/consistent with that.   Problem with bias' is that they are not always present.  NAM and GGEM appear to be warm outliers at the moment, though, and since both can be explained within the confines of their known bullcrap, that doesn't lend too well to confidence there.  

I just ...I can't tell you how many times I've seen these warm looks end up isothermal blue jobs. The low is going underneath us and the respective surfaces are also SE of PVD.  I don't care if it is +2C at 850, when the UVM cuts over top that, it will drill a hole in the bottom of the atm.   I just want to see that not happen first, ...if that makes no sense at all,... 

But I'm sure there are also plenty of examples of marginal warm looks ending up as non-blue bombs, as a devil's advocate type approach. 

My gut is saying that it starts as rain most areas but flips from the top down part way through the system...something where we see a bunch of people posting -RN for the first few hours, then all the sudden a whole slew of folks go over to pouring aggregates pasting every surface white.  Snow throughout for the Monadnocks on NEward through IZG though.

But I'm sure there are also plenty of examples of marginal warm looks ending up as non-blue bombs, as a devil's advocate type approach. 

My gut is saying that it starts as rain most areas but flips from the top down part way through the system...something where we see a bunch of people posting -RN for the first few hours, then all the sudden a whole slew of folks go over to pouring aggregates pasting every surface white.  Snow throughout for the Monadnocks on NEward through IZG though.

...as their soundings crash toward triple eggs

ame='moneypitmike' timestamp='1388099993' post='2576538']Just reading today's posts and you're taking a good beating. Lol.

Sent from my LG-E980

I see you haven't solved the learning curve with your phone yet

lol. Just spit up my tea. Yeah wth? I think it's tapatalk. Lots of issues

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

MPM piggy pile tonight

But he has coffee for all

Yeah--completely unwarranted.  :)

FYI, here's the distro of the "where are you from" poll responders.  Based on this, the comments about "where no one lives" or "where 95% of the people live" may need to be revisited.  At least as they pertain to the posters here.

Responder Chart.pdf

You're good and since when is there a Sunapee screw zone? LOL, you guys get nailed all the time.

People only remember the screw zones that are over their house. I've had some deformation bands rot over me in some of the good storms over the last few years so maybe Sunapee missed the brunt of those, but they can easily jackpot out there. Feb-Mar 01 was awesome there.

People only remember the screw zones that are over their house. I've had some deformation bands rot over me in some of the good storms over the last few years so maybe Sunapee missed the brunt of those, but they can easily jackpot out there. Feb-Mar 01 was awesome there.

Same with the deforms with me since moving to Bow. Don't remember that happening much or ever in MHT but they are a pit for snowfall

Archived