• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December 29th System

moneypitmike

Love the Happy Corner Cafe ..near Pittsburg. :)  Drive another 15 minutes and you cross the border and drop down the big hill to the village of La Patrie.

Very true. It's really a shame we're losing our observers up in that area (including First Connecticut).

The long term average at that Coop site was 155", with the johnsnhweather.com guy living a few miles north and at 175". Head towards the Whites around Diamond Pond and you're talking 230". Think about that, the difference form First Connecticut Lake to Diamond Pond is like the seasonal average for BOS.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are on the northwest slope of those uplands, with valleys to the west/northwest until  you hit the northern extension of the Greens further west.

I ski Sunapee all the time and have noticed how poorly we do on the forecast for that part of NH. They always seem to hang onto SHSN longer than we think. A lot of it has to do with the radar beam overshooting the precip, but it happens quite often.

Very true. It's really a shame we're losing our observers up in that area (including First Connecticut).

The long term average at that Coop site was 155", with the johnsnhweather.com guy living a few miles north and at 175". Head towards the Whites around Diamond Pond and you're talking 230". Think about that, the difference form First Connecticut Lake to Diamond Pond is like the seasonal average for BOS.

Its too bad your losing the observers. The differences up there are dramatic it always amazes me when up there snowmobiling. The downtown area of Colebrook can have 6" but head 10 miles east to diamond pond and theres 20"+. 

That ridge line from Diamond Pond up to the eastern part of Pittsburg always has a crazy snowpack. 

Its too bad your losing the observers. The differences up there are dramatic it always amazes me when up there snowmobiling. The downtown area of Colebrook can have 6" but head 10 miles east to diamond pond and theres 20"+. 

That ridge line from Diamond Pond up to the eastern part of Pittsburg always has a crazy snowpack. 

It's not all budget related, but we lost most of our northern NH observers in one year. First Conn Lake, Diamond Pond, York Pond. It's amazing how much a rely on that personal website for information up in Coos.

It's not all budget related, but we lost most of our northern NH observers in one year. First Conn Lake, Diamond Pond, York Pond. It's amazing how much a rely on that personal website for information up in Coos.

Thats too bad the First CT lake has had obs forever too. Atleast johnsnhweather takes religious obs, I think hes only like 1/4-1/2 mile from the lake up a couple hundred feet. 

I've updated the locations poll results chart below.

The areas identified most frequently are Boston or VT/NH.  So, when you're speaking to the board, you might want to be careful of throwing out "where no one lives".  :)  In fact, with the current trend, we may want to congratulate that large chunk of our board members who are in the running for some decent snow.

After I posted this the last time, 20 more people responded to the poll.  I'll update again if the N changes appreciably.  Otherwise, we'll stick with this.

Poll Responder Results.pdf

I've updated the locations poll results chart below.

The areas identified most frequently are Boston or VT/NH.  So, when you're speaking to the board, you might want to be careful of throwing out "where no one lives".  :)  In fact, with the current trend, we may want to congratulate that large chunk of our board members who are in the running for some decent snow.

After I posted this the last time, 20 more people responded to the poll.  I'll update again if the N changes appreciably.  Otherwise, we'll stick with this.

Your attachment didn't include Boston/metrowest.

Many places will end as snow..Hopefully it's enough to cover the ground with an inch or 2..but at this point..even that seems like a longshot.

My wife was pushing a trip to Jackson on Sunday.  I was reluctant because of the snow expected down here.  Seems like taking the trip may be the the only way I get to see snow.

I ski Sunapee all the time and have noticed how poorly we do on the forecast for that part of NH. They always seem to hang onto SHSN longer than we think. A lot of it has to do with the radar beam overshooting the precip, but it happens quite often.

Aye, the eastern VT/western NH radar hole.  I've lived with it for years here and will say that it's an exercise in extrapolation.

LOL--this thread experienced a sudden death with the runs last night and this morning.

Just checked the forecast for Jackson--looks great.  Fresh snows Sunday nighit.  The temps on Sunday are mild (about 30*) so the (nordic) trails might be a little soft, but a great weather day before the cooler air comes in Monday night.  If the 12z models show the same crap down here as they have been, my decision will be easy and will be northward bound.

Archived