• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 29th System

moneypitmike

Looks like a potent but fast moving system.   

Correct me if I'm wrong but my rudimentary take of a few scenarios is this:

--Current depiction--primarily a rainer for SNE, north of MA looks at worst a mix trending to snow as you move north.

--A slightly deeper system with the current EC/GFS track would benefit some toward fhe Berks

--Same strength and further east will benefit the northern half of Mass, still rain below that

--Deeper and further east could make for a snowier situation for many

I imagine that whoever can manage some covering with this will experience an even more enjoyable bout of the cool weather in store for next week.

16.9/9

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now we have to define differences in the interior. This is what it's come to

There has always been a difference in the interior.

PF is different from Dendrite is different me.

I am different than ORH is different than you.

Sure, sometimes the outcomes maybe the same across regions, but just as often as not they vary from one interior location to the next.  That's why ORH usually beats you in snowfall.  :)

You'll  might have a nice rain at 1k while Will and Dave have a paste bomb potential. Even Ray has the potential.

Fixed.  Can' claim that yet (I realize you are speaking with respect to the 'inland' comments and not making a call).

It's good to have something to track.  I'm siding with the wet version for the time being.  I think we'll have a sense after 5 more runs of the EC and accompanying other runs.  :)

Gonna need a lot of help from that H for those of us in the southern areas.  Antecedent airmass will not be all that cold and with this system coming out of the S, it's going to be bringing with it a lot of moisture.  Right now it looks like a classic C/NNE snowstorm.

Maybe if we can slow down the southern stream a bit we can get a better airmass in place but I would not bet on that right now.

Kudos to the GFS for sniffing this one out.  The other day I gave no credence to it's solution and here we are.

Fixed.  Can' claim that yet (I realize you are speaking with respect to the 'inland' comments and not making a call).

It's good to have something to track.  I'm siding with the wet version for the time being.  I think we'll have a sense after 5 more runs of the EC and accompanying other runs.  :)

no way you get rain on the Euro

Gonna need a lot of help from that H for those of us in the southern areas. Antecedent airmass will not be all that cold and with this system coming out of the S, it's going to be bringing with it a lot of moisture. Right now it looks like a classic C/NNE snowstorm.

Maybe if we can slow down the southern stream a bit we can get a better airmass in place but I would not bet on that right now.

Kudos to the GFS for sniffing this one out. The other day I gave no credence to it's solution and here we are.

Euro had this way before the GFS did

Yeah the Euro has showed this system for a few days but it did whiff us on the 00z run 2 nights ago....but its been the most aggressive/consistent about it hitting us.

I didn't think it would a couple days ago, but now it looks like ti should. Trending colder and colder, so it has an outside shot for the typically coldest interior SNE spots like Berks, Monands, N ORH hills....maybe it can tick a little colder to get the interior CP down to interior N RI/N CT in the game. But man, it would be nice if we didn't have the downslope dandy airmass forming ahead of it.

Archived